Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon HD-2500 or Denon HC-4500 ??

Default Denon HD-2500 or Denon HC-4500 ??

Am I Right In Saying That The Denon HD-2500 Has 40 gb Internal Hard Drive, Midi for pc / laptop, Bu 4500 CD compatibility??

& Denon HC-4500 Has No Internal Hard Drive, Does Not Support External Hard Drives And Has Midi, BU 4500 CD Compatibility & Onboard Sound Card??

I Have Just Bought A Very Good Laptop ( Lenovo G550 T6600 2.2ghz Core 2 Duo, 500Gb HD, 4Gb Ram, Windows 7) For Dj'ing But Am Starting To Think The HD-2500 Is The Way Forward...

Any Advice From Denon Users Would Be Most Appreciated as I Am Very New To The Digital Route And Want To Take The Best Decision From The Off..

Numark DDS 80 is also very good with a 80GB internal hardrive, DVD, mp3 player, expandable memory, capable of plugging iPod's in it etc.

I don't own a Denon DNHD 2500 yet but from what other users have said in the past, the Denon DNHD 2500 is the better choice, can't remember why they choose this 1, maybe it's stability? Not too sure but I'm sure they'll chime in soon to let you know.

I've just done a Google search for the best possible price for the Denon DNHD2500, here's the first offerings, price to be confirmed, but if you wan't to go down the 'brand new road'. this is the very best price I could find. I'm really amazed as to how much this rather amazing peice of gear has come down in price. I'd use the 2500 over a laptop but I suppose you can have your laptop as main playout system and your HD2500 (or vise versa) as standby in case your laptop dicides to play up.

The Denon DNHD2500 gets my full approval

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    Numark DDS 80 is also very good with a 80GB internal hardrive, DVD, mp3 player etc.
    I don't like the build quality on the Numark because the Denon 2500 looks far better and looks more robust And, out of all the clubs I've been to, they've gone for Denon. My opinion is that Denon are the industry leaders in professional CD players.

Neil.
    Last edited by Penfold42; 21-03-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Maybe so - plus the Numark is more expensive.

I love the Numark because of the colour High Definition screen - makes viewing etc so much easier. Shame the Denon doesn't have a colour screen...

I love the Numark because of the colour High Definition screen - makes viewing etc so much easier. Shame the Denon doesn't have a colour screen...
    I think both brands have their pro's and con's no matter how good they are

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I think both brands have their pro's and con's no matter how good they are

Denon is super for clubs and whatnot.

The Numark is "blonde" friendly and great for mobile work...as is the Denon.

D'oh.

The Denon HD2500 is a good bit of kit!

Well worth the money and imo, is more stable than a laptop or a pc as the HD2500 is a dedicated unit for DJ's, nothing else.

I await the laptop crew to follow soon. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

I await the laptop crew to follow soon. lol.
    The laptop fraternity sir get it right

Neil.

If you have the laptop already then the best bet would be the HC4500 as its a DAC controller to be used with a computer.

I believe you can plug cd drawers into the HC-4500 controller and it will function as a cd player

The hd2500 is a standalone unit no computer needed. To get the most out of this.

You would need.

1. A USB Keyboard (i got a small illuminous Nexus one from ebuyer about £8.00)

Before adding further usb devices to the HD2500 you will need a USB hub to give you extra usb slots (as the denon only has the one) I would also recommend that you get a mains powered usb hub.

2. Hardisk you can upgrade the internal hardisk in the hd2500 but it would be a lot less hassle to go for an usb external hardisk (You can get a 1tb one for just over £50.00 now)

I myself use the HD2500 as my main playout system and tbh its reliable enough and it works for me.

If you want the option of been able to play cds on the hd2500 itself. You can add the BU4500 drawers to the hd2500. (just push the red source button and scroll to the cd option using the knob press the knob down to confirm and that will take you into cd mode
    Last edited by Twinspin; 21-03-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Shame it doesn't have an ear trumpet. All the ones I've used have been deaf.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk