Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon HD-2500 or Denon HC-4500 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Shame it doesn't have an ear trumpet. All the ones I've used have been deaf.
    The cortex works differently to the denon and from fiddling around with a cortex and owning the denon this is the comparison.

The Cortex HDC

When you use the cortex. When you have just finished playing a track you can just type in a artist song album whatever and the cortex will respond with a list of entries that match your query

for example.... say you type lady gaga the cortex will come back with

Albums 1 (1 album found by lady gaga if you have it on the hardisk)
    Artists 1 (one artist found which is lady gaga)
    Titles 12 (12 songs found by lady gaga)

then you would select a category from above... then the cortex will bring up what its found in that category.

The Denon HD-2500.

with the denon you have to be in the right category to find what your looking for

say for instance Lady Gaga again.

finish playing your track.... you would go back to the main screen (to go back press esc key on a keyboard or the back button on the denon to go back to main screen)

Then select the artist category press enter (out of Artist, Title, Album, Genre, BPM, Folder, Filename)

Type in Lady Gaga press enter.

When you do that the denon will display on the screen the tracks by lady gaga. find your track press enter

and the denon cues it ready to play.

The comparison

The denon you have to be in the right category to find what your looking for you couldnt type in lady gaga in the title category. (.e.g artist, title, album etc) and the cortex you can type anything and if it finds a match it will display it.

The hd2500 relies on mp3 tags for searching by artist and title or album.

ive tried to explain this the best way i could.
    Last edited by Twinspin; 21-03-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Thanks For The Input Guys...

Think The Laptop Will Be Put On The Back Burner For Another 6 Months lol.

I Have Never Really Been Keen On Relying On A Windows Based System For Playout But At The Same Time I Like A Nice Big Screen To Assist In Music Choices Etc..

PCDJ VJ Works For Me & Also Makes Tracks, Karaoke Etc Very Easy To Find.

I Suppose They All Have There Pros & Cons, So It's Back To The Drawing Board For Now.

Does The HC 4500 Not Accept External Hard Drives???

I dont think the HC4500 does support external hardisks i know you can plug external cd drawers into it.

its just the hd2500 that does. unless anythings changed on the HC4500 allowing external hardisks but as far as i know it hasnt.

but the hd2500 does have Midi to use it as a controller. But if your using it with PCDJ VJ. Id go for the HC4500 rather than the HD2500.

Numark..... I Absolutely Detest There Equipment And Uk Customer Relations / Repair Dept.

I Bought A 200FX Mixer About 3 Years Ago & It Always Had A Continuous Wah Wah Noise Which Came Through My PA On All The Alesis Effects.( Even When Effests Where Turned Off You Got This Horrid Sound).

I Returned It 3 Times And Was Told It Was Normal..

Yeah Right.. Rant Over

Laptop, HD 2500, I Would Still Need An External Sound Card, Correct ??

Ive only ever had one piece of Numark equipment and that was a CDN22 about 7 years ago now i had that. Not a bad cd player for a cheap player.
    but no anti shock (but for the cost its expecting too much)

I broke one of the cd drawers by accident so i upgraded to Denon and ive used the Denon stuff for about 7 years now and if it works well for you you know how it is... You stick with it. (not the cheapest of makes to stick with but they are decent quality) so money well spent on Denon.

Soundcard is the denon Asio driver i believe (so the hd2500 / hc4500 would be the soundcard and controller.
    Last edited by Twinspin; 21-03-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sgldisco View Post
    Thanks For The Input Guys...

Think The Laptop Will Be Put On The Back Burner For Another 6 Months lol.

I Have Never Really Been Keen On Relying On A Windows Based System For Playout But At The Same Time I Like A Nice Big Screen To Assist In Music Choices Etc..

PCDJ VJ Works For Me & Also Makes Tracks, Karaoke Etc Very Easy To Find.

I Suppose They All Have There Pros & Cons, So It's Back To The Drawing Board For Now.

Does The HC 4500 Not Accept External Hard Drives???
    As a dedicated HDC user, I've got to say one of those would be my choice. I know nothing about laptop controllers, so can't comment.

I have seen a couple of laptop DJ's at work, and I have nothing but admiration for the good ones. ( And nothing but contempt for the crap ones ) Personally, I wouldn't want to use one as primary playout, but am happy to use one as auxiliary/secondary playout.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Ideally, I Need An Denon HC-4500, My Laptop, & At Least 4U For A Mixer....

I Have A Giraffe G113 Dj Stand With The Truss Lighting Gantry Above WHich Is A Great Stand With Super Easy Set-Up But I Am Very Wary Of The Laptop Cases That Have A Sliding Shelf On Them Due To Most Of The Time The Laptop Being The Closest Piece Of Equipment To The Drunk Punters Dancing With A Pint Of John Smiths In Hand At 12.30am..

I Have Been Thinking I Could Incorporate The Laptop Into The Top Of The Slant Rack By Sitting The Laptop Into A Homemade Shelf That Will Fit Into The 6U Racking, So As It Will Not Be Pushed Out On The Sliding Shelf.

I am Going To Need A 13U Slant Case With 4U Below For My Light Switcher Panel & Radio Mics...

Anyone Any Ideas On This As I Would Love To Have It All In One Case...

For a flightcase id have a chat with Sean from Swanflight. Id tell him what your after he could build you a case to that specification im sure.

Perfect.... That Sounds Xcellent, Cheers For That