Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Making Allies and partnerships....

Default Making Allies and partnerships....

Guys and girls... fellow DJ's....

My wording in this question may come out wrong... if it does I apologise and try and clarify if you need me to....

The situation : Basically, there are two other DJ's out the at the moment in my area, who are MASSIVELY undercutting me (we are talking less then £10 a hour kinda gigs) ... and I've heard they are "average" in standard.

I've spoken to my boyfriend who studied business and marketing, and he advised me to try and bring them on board under my branding (So in other words, become a mini agent)....

The Question: But HOW do I approach them and ask them to join up?

Really the only two benefits that I can offer...that I can think off is...
    1) a website with their design and intergrated booking and calander options...... and
    2) More bookings....

The way I see it is, I would be the main one benefiting from this... as I assume as a mini-agent I would deal with their bookings and add my admin fee on top.

Your views and answers are greatly appreciated....

be liking paying to hire a ferrari and getting a fiesta. I would bet people who say they are average are surely basing that more on the fee they charge rather than how good they really are?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

By your admission they are "average in standard". Would you really want to be associated with low(er) quality operators?

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    By your admission they are "average in standard". Would you really want to be associated with low(er) quality operators?
    My thoughts exactly.

For nearly every booking I take, I have to turn down another for the same date, so I could easily take on another DJ & virtually double my disco turnover overnight, but the reason I don't do this is because there's only one person I can trust.

Depends on how you define average.

I'm sure if you took a selection of DJs from here, the average standard would be pretty good.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post

I'm sure if you took a selection of DJs from here, the average standard would be pretty good.
    Defining the average would probably take decades to agree on. I learnt along time ago, you more than likely never find 2 x DJs to agree on everything..

There too many variables to consider, to even try and compare or measure a mobile DJ into something like a comparison chart.
    Jay Price - Disco Promotions Ltd - Making Every Event Count

Areas: West Midlands & Warwickshire

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post

Ah yes, but that would be the average of the creme de la creme.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Sorry when I say Average, I mean in the customer point of view....

I've spoken to a few customers who have seen these guys and they were happy with the experience, but not "Wowed" by it.... if that makes sense.

Everyone has their own view on Average... so yeah, lets NOT debate that LOL

"Would you really want to be associated with low(er) quality operators?"

As I mentioned, they are "average" in the eyes of the customers... nothing they did specifically stood out.... so I wouldn't say they were exactly Lower Quality.... although I know both do not use MP3 and stick with CD's (I assume thats to avoid the produb license) ....

But back to the original question.... for my own reasons, I would perhaps like to get them onboard with me.... How do I approach them with this offer?

Any other agents out there like to shed some helpfull light??

Quote Originally Posted by AlexEntertainment View Post

As I mentioned, they are "average" in the eyes of the customers... nothing they did specifically stood out...
    My feelings are still the same. Would you really want to be associated with people that are "average" and "don't specifically stand out" in the eyes of customers?

There is a local outfit to you who already do this. They hire students and charge the client full wack and dont give the DJ much as they provide the equipment etc.

I was in this market and only got grief. Your better off sticking to quality and gain a couple of good DJ's when you can attract the work. It will make your life allot easier.

forget about other operators as they do things their way and you do yours your way.

see you monday.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/