Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Making Allies and partnerships....

I'd arrange, accidently on purpose, to be around when they are setting up, or at the end of the night, or perhaps give them a call if there's any unused lights etc I'm selling and give thm first refusal - basically any way to start a friendly converstation. Then if I thought they were ok maybe suggest swapping contacts so could pass business/cover for each other. I'd keep it quite friendly and not too business orientated and get to know them a bit better first. Once on friendly terms should be quite easy to talk about any business ideas with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Please do not think that Martin (StarZSoundS) is representative of the membership on this forum, because he most certainly isn't! I'd actually go so far as to say he is one of the most naturally rude people I have ever had dealings with!

To answer your original question: how about trying to organise a 'meet' with a few other DJs with a view to 'networking'?

That way, you can dip your toe in the water to see if they are people you think you can work with, and there could be something in it for all of you if you do get on (ie passing 'overspill' work between you).

If you believe you can work together, and can agree terms, you may find that what you are looking to achieve will happen naturally over time.

On the flip side, if you meet and decide there is no way you would work with them, you haven't lost anything.
    was busy writing my post so didn't see Angela's - I totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    If you came up to me and said ANYTHING along the lines you are considering...

I'd ask you "Who the you think you are."

Who was it that voted you a better DJ than me because you have a website.
    Can totally understand the wrong approach at the wrong time could easily get that response from some of us - so StarZSounds what would you say would be an acceptable approach to you?

Do you prefer the friendly, getting to know you, see if there's any mutual benefit style - or the no nonsense, say what you mean style?
    Or any other?
    Last edited by Shaun; 28-03-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post

Can totally understand the wrong approach at the wrong time could easily get that response from some of us - so StarZSounds what would you say would be an acceptable approach to you?

Do you prefer the friendly, getting to know you, see if there's any mutual benefit style - or the no nonsense, say what you mean style?
    Or any other?
    First of all lets clear something up.....Some posters were extremely rude to me when I joined up.....in fact I was flabbergasted....and nobody rushed to my protection.....I thought it was the way of the forum.I'll be all nice for a week if you like.

Recently we have had a 200 post thread regarding something similair ... Funky...The old undercutting Chestnut.....it's been done to death!!

I think there is nothing to be gained in approaching these other DJ's at all.Wether I was rude or not...the OP suggested that this guy(confirmed) wanted to create a mini-empire where he was calling all the shots.

He's right to desire the power because it's nice....I know because thats what IVE GOT NOW .....Just me....thats how its always been and will always be!!

First of all lets clear something up.....Some posters were extremely rude to me when I joined up.....in fact I was flabbergasted....and nobody rushed to my protection.....I thought it was the way of the forum.I'll be all nice for a week if you like.

Let's get this straight shall we? You came onto this forum like a bull in a china shop and wound a lot of people up and would not look at others POV or ways of doing things. You simply did not listen.

That is why people were 'rude' to you.

Now let's move on as I am starting to get a bit fed up of you posting that everyone was so rude to you when you bought it on yourself.

Recently we have had a 200 post thread regarding something similair ... Funky...The old undercutting Chestnut.....it's been done to death!!

I think there is nothing to be gained in approaching these other DJ's at all.Wether I was rude or not...the OP suggested that this guy(confirmed) wanted to create a mini-empire where he was calling all the shots.

He's right to desire the power because it's nice....I know because thats what IVE GOT NOW .....Just me....thats how its always been and will always be!!

Must admit I tend to agree - the undercutting/dealing with competition does go around in circles with very little constructive being added - and sometimes ends up getting a bit too personal.

No one on the forum should feel they can't ask the advice of other members, or post replies for fear of getting a negative response (meant or otherwise).

From what I read on this forum everybody seems very genuine and willing to help/give advice. There's always going to be differences of opinion - but I think the nicely nicely approach is usually best - sometimes you don't get the whole situation of the people involved, they could be stressed, upset, angry etc. and we all know how sometimes what we write doesn't always convey what we mean, or the spirit in which we mean it , especially if written in haste (or at 2am after a long night).

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Must admit I tend to agree - the undercutting/dealing with competition does go around in circles with very little constructive being added - and sometimes ends up getting a bit too personal.

There is no easy answer Martin.

As the business is constricting generally it is becoming more of an issue as we all chase what MOST on here would agree is a diminishing market.Plus.....It is easier to start up now than it ever has been...and as other people fall out of other employs thay are looking for other things to do.........................I'll be a DJ....ITS EASY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Angela, you're right that Martin isn't representative of the membership on here......
    I agree, he's nowhere near pedantic enough....
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663

(ie passing 'overspill' work between you).
    Always good to have few of these contacts.

If you believe you can work together, and can agree terms, you may find that what you are looking to achieve will happen naturally over time.
    There are lot of £80 sids who will be happy take the work, but I would not trust any of them with a dead fish

On the flip side, if you meet and decide there is no way you would work with them, you haven't lost anything.
    Usually by then they cleared you out.
    Jay Price - Disco Promotions Ltd - Making Every Event Count

Areas: West Midlands & Warwickshire