Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Midlands DJ Association.

Default East Midlands DJ Association.

Dear Fellow DJ.
    Forgive the intrusion, but I wanted to invite you to a free membership of the EMDJA.
    The EMDJA is a group I am building of professionally minded Mobile and Resident DJ’s who want to offer the customers a reliable service with good entertainment and reliable safe equipment, this is not in opposition to NADJ, indeed most of the guys currently signed up so far are happy to be members of both, and it is not simply another internet listing site, though this will feature as part of the membership.
    To start us off I have drawn up some very simple membership criteria. Mobile Disco members will have Safe, Reliable equipment, they will be customer focussed, experienced and above all of this reliable. When we have enough members signed up, each member has a web page on the EMDJA website, all of these fit the same format, including my own, potential customers will be able to see at a glance which members are suitable for what they want and follow the link to your own website, or just call you.
    More importantly, over the next 2 years we’ll be building trust among the public and being a member will mean that you’re not just another name on a website, it will mean that you are accredited and part of a professional organisation.
    We already have Disco shops on board offering a discount to members, a great deal on PAT certification for those who need it and plans for representation at major wedding fayres across the East Midlands for next wedding season. Gatherings are planned too and we will be opening it all up for members to run. So far, all of this is out of my own pocket, but you know, with East Midlands DJ’s getting the lowest gig incomes in the UK, with Disco shops closing every week and skilled DJ’s struggling to get club and pub work above £40 a night... I think it’s worth it.
    Why not give me a chance, give us all a chance.
    The website is temporarily posted on borrowed web space and will be moved this week to its rightful place, it’s under construction but there is more info there for you to consider and it is www.emdja.co.uk (the dot com is also going to be linked up with this site being more customer focussed)
    Who am I?
    Merv
    Did anyone else get it?

I noticed Paul did...

Yeah I got this and joined up as I'm in the East Midlands and its free.
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

Is this for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Is this for real?
    I believe it's from someone called Porkyman on MDJF?

Yeah yeah - why wouldn't it be?

It's free....

...So because its free and ran by a single person who has taken 5 minutes to write some common sense membership creteria there is now another "accredited" assoc?...

...Perrrrlease!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    ...So because its free and ran by a single person who has taken 5 minutes to write some common sense membership creteria there is now another "accredited" assoc?...

...Perrrrlease!

Exactly! and having read some of this guys ideas and comments on the orange forum, I feel inclined to apply bargepole approach!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

I have just received an email from him...

"Age is no problem" but he strongly suggested I cater for proms, children's parties, etc etc.

I emailed him back explaining I like the older functions - so we will wait and see!

How can he 'strongly suggest' anything. He doesn't know you!