Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Best Mics For Vocal Sounds..

Its been a long thread and I have only skim read it so if I missed these points earlier I apologise.

I run a vocal artist and also provide sound and light for talent (singer) competitions. I swear by Sennheiser.
    I am not like Tony doing this pro so only using the EW135 G2 for radio mic and have a couple of wired 835s and 835.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    Switches on microphones are essential, it's much more convinient than locating the fader and sliding it up and down every time you wish to speak, on a board mixer.

It works well for handheld
    I no longer use the 835s as the muppets in the talent contest kept switching them off half way through a track and then standing there staring at me. Therefore no switches now!

I find the Sennheisers easy to use and fairly simple to get a good quality sound out of with good clarity.

Now the shure's I find more difficult and can't get my vocal artist to sound warm enough on them. I find them quite top endy and better suited to female vocal - just my opinion.

However, if you watch most live acts its either Shure or Sennheiser on show, so that answers your question. They are the lead choice for professional vocal applications and its down to personal preference thereafter.

QUESTION FOR TONY. The Sennheiser G1 and G2 kit would work with each other (ie my G2 handset would talk to my G1 spare receiver box). Whats the crack with the new G3 kit. Will G2 handsets communicate with G3 receivers and likewise will G3 handsets talk to G2 boxes. No-one has been able to answer this for me yet.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    QUESTION FOR TONY. The Sennheiser G1 and G2 kit would work with each other (ie my G2 handset would talk to my G1 spare receiver box). Whats the crack with the new G3 kit. Will G2 handsets communicate with G3 receivers and likewise will G3 handsets talk to G2 boxes. No-one has been able to answer this for me yet.
    Yes... have a read of this topic, done a few months ago on BR
    http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=37788

Thanks Tony that is very helpful.

I thought that would be the case, but was looking for clarity.

Regards
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk