Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What lighting would you recommend...

Default What lighting would you recommend...

To illuminate karaoke singers performing on a stage?

It's a small stage and there's little room for mounting anything, we currently have a mirrorball and some led effects pointing out into the pub, but once the house lights are down the stage area is quite dark. I was wondering if we could place something at floor-level, or low level, with a wide spread of light to illuminate the singers...?

Any bright ideas?

I use LED PAR 56's on Adam Hall floor stands. Very low profile and can be daisy-chained for power and DMX. Add a simple (or a complex) DMX controller and you have full dimmability, colour setting, crossfading or sound-to-light.

I use source4 pars with wide lenses on floor stands along the front of the stage and then a few source 4 jrn zooms (25/50) on stands to add some front light connect it all to a dimmer or 2 controlled via a desk and bobs your uncle! (all depending of power available of course)

Led Par cans on floor stands would be ideal I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
    I use source4 pars with wide lenses on floor stands along the front of the stage and then a few source 4 jrn zooms (25/50) on stands to add some front light connect it all to a dimmer or 2 controlled via a desk and bobs your uncle! (all depending of power available of course)
    I'm sure that's the choice of most mobile discos with a karaoke add on, what would be a rough estimate on the cost of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    I'm sure that's the choice of most mobile discos with a karaoke add on, what would be a rough estimate on the cost of this?
    Its what i have sitting on the shelf so yes it would be an add on to a mobile disco - would give much better light then led pars too.
    would rent it out for £250

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
    Its what i have sitting on the shelf so yes it would be an add on to a mobile disco - would give much better light then led pars too.
    would rent it out for £250
    So really cost effective then!

Come on, the OP is asking for an average karaoke and 2 x pars would be fine.

+1 what Chris said for the ETC kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    So really cost effective then!

Come on, the OP is asking for an average karaoke and 2 x pars would be fine.
    The op never mentioned price and asked for suggestions - it is a cheap cost effective way and would look a million times better than cheap led pars - i could have said ill put some pixel pars along the front but that is expensive.

and i did say some s4pars along the front of the stage. wich you said would be fine.

I understand you work in a different type of environmont, but why bother posting things that you know that the average disco and karaoke aren't going to use, have or afford?

It has nothing to do with budget and more to do with common sense.

The OP is in Oldham in a pub with a mirrorball - do you really think they are going to pay a hire charge of £250?

I will leave you to your own conclusions.

Very True Solitaire...

If anyone can find me a karaoke nite worth £250, Never mind the hire cost, Ill rip there arm off..