Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What lighting would you recommend...

I would agree with the floor par 64s' or even 56's . I use both for uplighting and find the par 56's have a better spread and are less intence when used to project onto someone. The 64s have a narrower focus and are brighter better for uplighting in larger rooms.
    I realise all brands are differents but mine are a mix of stairville and eurolight the stairvill have better spread. The eurolight brighter but more narrow.

Total costs including postage and floor stands from thomann is under £100 the lot for a pair of led par 56's , 2 abs floor stands and postage.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Oh nearly forgot the Ledj panels are very bright and a good effect as well but twice the price of the par 56's. But if you are looking to invest then they are highly recomended
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I understand you work in a different type of environmont, but why bother posting things that you know that the average disco and karaoke aren't going to use, have or afford?

It has nothing to do with budget and more to do with common sense.

The OP is in Oldham in a pub with a mirrorball - do you really think they are going to pay a hire charge of £250?

I will leave you to your own conclusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgldisco View Post
    Very True Solitaire...

If anyone can find me a karaoke nite worth £250, Never mind the hire cost, Ill rip there arm off..
    But it is about using the right tools for the job. As i have the right tools for lighting a stage i would use them.

You could buy some generic par56 / 64 floor cans with a wide lamp in and they would do the job.

cheap led pars are not for providing proper stage lighting.
    so i would be using my common sense and the tools i have for the job.

The idea of the post was to get ideas so i was giving an idea!

Thanks for the help. I'll keep an eye in the 'for sale' section for some 56's then...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
    But it is about using the right tools for the job. As i have the right tools for lighting a stage i would use them.

You could buy some generic par56 / 64 floor cans with a wide lamp in and they would do the job.

cheap led pars are not for providing proper stage lighting.
    so i would be using my common sense and the tools i have for the job.

The idea of the post was to get ideas so i was giving an idea!
    An idea which isn't possible within the budget or this situation. Anyone can see that they wouldn't pay £250 to hire what you are proposing so it's no good.

I appreciate you have that gear 'sat around' but most DJs don't. Most DJs complain about paying £50 for a bloody par can and if you read other threads on this forum, you will realise that our friends in the North are telling us that you can't get more than £200 for a booking, let alone a karaoke in a pub.
    Why not hire in a couple of followspots and operators too?

You guys that do pro hire and the big stage stuff really do need a reality check. This is a mobile disco forum.

An idea which isn't possible within the budget or this situation. Anyone can see that they wouldn't pay £250 to hire what you are proposing so it's no good.

I appreciate you have that gear 'sat around' but most DJs don't. Most DJs complain about paying £50 for a bloody par can and if you read other threads on this forum, you will realise that our friends in the North are telling us that you can't get more than £200 for a booking, let alone a karaoke in a pub.
    Why not hire in a couple of followspots and operators too?

You guys that do pro hire and the big stage stuff really do need a reality check. This is a mobile disco forum.
    now your just being ridiculous.
    It was setting an idea and idea that doesn't need to be exactly the same.

I don't need a reality check as i regularly go out doing mobile work which is why i joined the forum in the first place.
    I didn't clock location when i posted and even so it still wouldn't have affected what i would have posted.

If you don't get ideas form all ends of the spectrum then what's the point in asking in the first place for advice?
    What i posted was a very effective simple solution, yes the hire out price of £250 may seem expensive to some people but when you look at the quality of the kit it is a good deal.

You seem to be making this all about money - it isn't it is about ideas to light a stage simply, which is what i gave an option for.

It not just the people who do big jobs who need to remember its a disco forum, the amount of people on here trying to play our game is ridiculous and so why you get moody when one of us comes to play your game is beyond me.

Amen to that

now your just being ridiculous.
    It was setting an idea and idea that doesn't need to be exactly the same.

I don't need a reality check as i regularly go out doing mobile work which is why i joined the forum in the first place.
    I didn't clock location when i posted and even so it still wouldn't have affected what i would have posted.

If you don't get ideas form all ends of the spectrum then what's the point in asking in the first place for advice?
    What i posted was a very effective simple solution, yes the hire out price of £250 may seem expensive to some people but when you look at the quality of the kit it is a good deal.

You seem to be making this all about money - it isn't it is about ideas to light a stage simply, which is what i gave an option for.

It not just the people who do big jobs who need to remember its a disco forum, the amount of people on here trying to play our game is ridiculous and so why you get moody when one of us comes to play your game is beyond me.
    What dont you understand about---

they dont have that kind of money to spend at a karaoke in Oldham--

This is the North West--this is not Surrey

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    Amen to that
    Seconded, and well put Darren.

Oh, what a ridiculous statement! Most people doing karaoke nights would be lucky to earn £250, let alone afford to spend that amount for equipment hire to actually do the gig. Most people actually want to make some money out of their gigs.

How can it possibly be a good deal in this situation, regardless of the quality of the equipment?

Does the word overkill mean anything to you?

It may be effective & simple, but it's hardly cost effective in this situation.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries