Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Messi

Default Messi

How good is Lionel Messi?

Anyone watching the game?

He is absolutely unbelievable just now. I really fancied The Gunners chances tonight - especially when they scored but Messi is just something else and he's still only 22!!!
    www.themagicmusicdisco.co.uk

BECAUSE MUSIC MATTERS

Yeah, not a bad player..

An incredible talent.

That said, I've seen him marked out of games completely, which is perhaps an unfair comment, but people get so hyped up about some players at times.

The greatest player to have played the game in my 'era' has to be Zinedine Zidane.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    An incredible talent.

That said, I've seen him marked out of games completely, which is perhaps an unfair comment, but people get so hyped up about some players at times.

The greatest player to have played the game in my 'era' has to be Zinedine Zidane.
    I agree, he can be sublime, or anonymous, I go back a little further, and remember Best in his hey-day, equally gifted with either foot, a great header of the ball, and he could mix it with the best of them - and all in the day when the tackle from behind was legitimate! Messi, would be packing his bags and off home to mummy!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

One of my quiz teams were keeping an eye on the score on their mobile phone tonight.

One of them commented to me that Messi is probably the best player in the world, but I couldn't answer, as I hadn't even heard of him until tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMusic View Post
    How good is Lionel Messi?

Anyone watching the game?

He is absolutely unbelievable just now. I really fancied The Gunners chances tonight - especially when they scored but Messi is just something else and he's still only 22!!!
    As an Arsenal fan I am obviously gutted about the result. I caught the game with a few beers tonight and I put my hands up that he is a great talent but the one thing I would say he is yet another player I personally think would struggle if he played for a Britsh team in the Premier League (another Robinho etc). The Spanish and European game suits him but doubt he would be such a talent on a wet and muddy away day at Stoke (or something alike!) But, the best tema won and should no doubt win the competition yet again... great football and hats off to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz View Post
    As an Arsenal fan I am obviously gutted about the result. I caught the game with a few beers tonight and I put my hands up that he is a great talent but the one thing I would say he is yet another player I personally think would struggle if he played for a Britsh team in the Premier League (another Robinho etc). The Spanish and European game suits him but doubt he would be such a talent on a wet and muddy away day at Stoke (or something alike!) But, the best tema won and should no doubt win the competition yet again... great football and hats off to them!
    I think Mr Mourinho may have the nous to stifle the talents of Mr Messi, it is possible, Chelsea did it over two legs last season, and were only robbed by a referee who wasn't up to the task.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Barcelona as a whole are incredible though, if you do happen to keep Messi quiet they have so many more players who can hurt you.
    They battered Arsenal without getting out of 3rd gear, at one point quite early in the first half they had completed 160 passes to Arsenal's 50 odd and Xavi was the fulcrum in it all.
    Fantastic to watch.

It was slightly tedious that a team that good has to resort to doing a triple flip and going down like they have been snipered all the time.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    It was slightly tedious that a team that good has to resort to doing a triple flip and going down like they have been snipered all the time.
    For all their talents there's no need for it but there we go it's been happening for years with players from all of Europe. And the referees keep giving the free kicks...