Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Law About House Partys ?

We usually find that asking the house owner to contact the nieghbours is generally good pratice. Just say we are having a party till 2am if you have any isues let me know know and I will ensure the music is turned down at 1am or something.
    Also in regard to lighting you dont need many effects as such, however ceiling height has been an issue before getting the deckstand in on its lowest setting. So we usualyl try and visit before if its local or take a tripod stand with us incase it is a small ceiling height or slanted conservatory roof etc.
    Tom
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thex-faders View Post
    We usually find that asking the house owner to contact the nieghbours is generally good pratice. Just say we are having a party till 2am if you have any isues let me know know and I will ensure the music is turned down at 1am or something.
    Also in regard to lighting you dont need many effects as such, however ceiling height has been an issue before getting the deckstand in on its lowest setting. So we usualyl try and visit before if its local or take a tripod stand with us incase it is a small ceiling height or slanted conservatory roof etc.
    Tom
    All good advice there. I'll tell you a couple of ( cautionary ) stories about inviting the neighbours.

1) Many years ago, I got an enquiry for a house party. I couldn't do it as I was going to a friend's wedding. I agreed to hire some gear on self drive, as it was only a mile from the wedding. We left the wedding and went to pick the gear up. We called at the party to find the domestic gear running, and mine switched off. The police had apparently been three times, and although they'd invited the nearest two streets, the complaints had come from three streets away.

2) Nearly as long ago, I was doing a gig at a farm about a mile from where I live. Mid summer, lovely still night. Jeanette had left earlier, and when standing on our front step said she could tell when I was on the mic!!!

Sound travels a long way in calm summer air.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk