Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: De Vere Gorse Hill Hotel, Woking

Default De Vere Gorse Hill Hotel, Woking

I'm working at this venue for the first time soon.

I've been told I'm in the boardroom which I believe is on the ground floor, but I'm interested to know more about the venue & room from anyone who has worked there, especially with regards to access, parking & whether it has a sound limiter, as well as anything else you think I should know about.

I've checked the venue database, but it's one of the few venues in the south east not to be on there!

Thanks in advance for any information.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post

I've checked the venue database, but it's one of the few venues in the south east not to be on there!
    That is because you or I haven't worked there before.

Or I, although I think I went there when it was still a residential property about to be turned into flats.

Guess that never happened!
    Exit stage left...

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    That is because you or I haven't worked there before.
    Indeed!

Don't worry, though...I can guarantee it will be on the database next week!

Anyone?

Do what i do sometimes if im unsure of a place and ring them up and say you are looking around for a place to have a birthday etc and just explain that you have spoke to the Dj and he has asked a few questions, OR just ring up and explain you are the Dj for that certain date is it possible to:-

1. just have a look to get a feel to were you could setup etc (mention fire regulations and alot of places say yes straight away),

2.get the info from them (if they know)

I know this sounds to easy and straight forward and it isnt meant to offend its just little things i tend to do myself if im unsure of places.

Cheers Dave
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Do what i do sometimes if im unsure of a place and ring them up and say you are looking around for a place to have a birthday etc and just explain that you have spoke to the Dj and he has asked a few questions, OR just ring up and explain you are the Dj for that certain date is it possible to:-

1. just have a look to get a feel to were you could setup etc (mention fire regulations and alot of places say yes straight away),

2.get the info from them (if they know)

I know this sounds to easy and straight forward and it isnt meant to offend its just little things i tend to do myself if im unsure of places.

Cheers Dave
    I've done that. On one occasion, the only accurate information I got was after I'd been set up for four hours , and moved twice!!!!!!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I must admit I'd rather get the info I need from a DJ who has played at a venue rather than someone who answers the phone at the venue.

Like Peter, my experience of getting info over the phone from the venue is not always as good as I'd expect it to be, not to mention the times I've been told someone would call me back...but they never did.