Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Exciting & Adventurous..Great Day + New Website that needs reviewing.

Oh well I wasn't going to comment publicly in case it was seen as a conflict of interests, but as Julian's jumped in...

... I still won't discuss the design goals and rationale behind the new website

... but I have some strong thoughts on the UK Bride proposal.

Mainly

1. Everything that Darren has already said
    2. This is a ploy to get "bargains" for UK Bride members. Charlie drops his price, UK Bride milk the fact to death and reap the rewards. It's not about a marketing opportunity for Charlie, it's about a marketing opportunity for UKB
    3. The marketing materials presented to date:

a) use the wrong type of imagery - as Darren said, it's a wedding not a nightclub
    b) are price-focused and not quality or capability-focused
    c) in my mind appeal to the spit-n-sawdust, want-everything-for-nothing, backstreet social club type of bride and not the market that Charlie could (and does) aspire to
    d) because of b) and c) significantly limit the scope for upselling other products and services and therefore constraining the overall profit opportunity
    e) wouldn't appeal to very many folks over the age of about 25 IMHO
    f) ignore the CP market entirely

... I think I'll stop there.
    Last edited by Vectis; 21-04-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    I sometimes feel you should still be playing football with jumpers for goalposts, eyeing up the local talent and relaxing a little bit more, your 16 Charlie. Obviously a switched on guy but don't forget to enjoy yourself while your young mate. Get yourself to uni, learn some stuff, play some sport, and worry about some of this stuff a little bit later on in your life. Just saying mate.
    You may be right....but I think I would find that a bit degrading and wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy the challenge...meeting new people...exchanging ideas.

Why should I follow the crowd and spend 5 years messing around? It may be the "norm" but if I'm really really really happy doing what I am now?

I'll be honest...this meeting with Julian today has been something I've been looking forward too from the moment he invited me up. Same with Darren or whenever a new prospect or glimmer of hope to improve what I'm doing comes my way.

Whatever happens - I've still learnt some invaluable lessons today that I'll remember for life.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post

Whatever happens - I've still learnt some invaluable lessons today that I'll remember for life.
    Like what?

I have to say I do agree with Mark, this is very early at 16, you are only young once, get the balance right.

The help that Charlie has recieved so far is NOT helping him to even break even. He is too focussed on buying lights instead of making money. He has to learn to budget.

Ref brochures would any of you be happy to put your leaflets on here for me to judge?
    Julian, Owner of www.ukbride.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ukbride Owner View Post
    I have to say I do agree with Mark, this is very early at 16, you are only young once, get the balance right.

The help that Charlie has recieved so far is NOT helping him to even break even. He is too focussed on buying lights instead of making money. He has to learn to budget.

Ref brochures would any of you be happy to put your leaflets on here for me to judge?
    I would if I had some...anyone fancy something to do to kill some spare time lol
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

He is too focussed on buying lights instead of making money. He has to learn to budget.
    Very important.

Changed your image charlie?
    http://www.charliebrownsentertainment.com/about.php

Aside from that, a couple of years back we had a call regarding something similar where we where aksed about an advertising oppertunity with a company linked to the NHS i think? They basically said that for £350 or so we could get an advert placed in a magazine booklet type arrangement that went to every hospital and nurse in the region!

Wow we though, a chance to make it big and start earning the big bucks. The guy who came round to sell us the idea gave us all the figures and said we could increase our turnover and profit 5 fold just through this one source!
    Sounded great... and then we came back down to the real world and realised at the end of the day we dont have the time, money nor experiance really to take on the increase workload.

Im sure the meeting was really helpful to you charlie but as you said your young [like me] and if I was you... why not go for it in a couple of years? If you want to be a full time DJ and not go university as you mentioned in a thread a while back then why not carry on how you are gaining the experiance and in a couple of years with a stable brand name under your belt go the full hog and become an agency who provides it all, disco's, marquees etc.

It seems like a bit of a leap in my view. The potential increase in gigs etc is rather steep. could you deal with it?

Hopefully thats useful?
    Tom
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

He is too focussed on buying lights instead of making money. He has to learn to budget.
    ... and that won't stop until the minute he moves into his own place

Sure. If I had any. Actually I do, but they're about 3 years old and out of date.

Brochures and my target market are mutually exclusive. I found I was sending out about 3 per year so didn't bother after the first batch.

Nowadays my unconverted customers are offered a personal meeting, or are treated to a bespoke response to their enquiry. Most of my weddings return £400+ and I'm turning work away on a regular basis.

?
    " Annual income £20, annual expenditure £19 19s 6d, result: Happiness.
    Annual income £20, Annual expenditure £20 0s 6d, result:Misery. "

A virtual pint for the first one to identify the quote.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    " Annual income £20, annual expenditure £19 19s 6d, result: Happiness.
    Annual income £20, Annual expenditure £20 0s 6d, result:Misery. "

A virtual pint for the first one to identify the quote.
    Wilkins Micawber