Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Exciting & Adventurous..Great Day + New Website that needs reviewing.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post

2. This is a ploy to get "bargains" for UK Bride members. Charlie drops his price, UK Bride milk the fact to death and reap the rewards. It's not about a marketing opportunity for Charlie, it's about a marketing opportunity for UKB

Ehhh? UKbride is charging nothing to Charlie for this work, I don't make ANY money if brides choose to book with Charlie!!!

3. The marketing materials presented to date:

a) use the wrong type of imagery - as Darren said, it's a wedding not a nightclub
    b) are price-focused and not quality or capability-focused
    c) in my mind appeal to the spit-n-sawdust, want-everything-for-nothing, backstreet social club type of bride and not the market that Charlie could (and does) aspire to
    d) because of b) and c) significantly limit the scope for upselling other products and services and therefore constraining the overall profit opportunity
    e) wouldn't appeal to very many folks over the age of about 25 IMHO
    f) ignore the CP market entirely

... I think I'll stop there.
    LOL you are welcome to your OWN opinion
    Julian, Owner of www.ukbride.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    Wilkins Micawber
    Bog off smartarse.

I'd have settled for : Dickens.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by thex-faders View Post
    Changed your image charlie?
    What, you mean that's NOT Charlie? Little liar...

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    " Annual income £20, annual expenditure £19 19s 6d, result: Happiness.
    Annual income £20, Annual expenditure £20 0s 6d, result:Misery. "

A virtual pint for the first one to identify the quote.
    Will this do....It was said by Mr Wilkins Micawber in Charles Dickins' David Copperfield.

EDIT: Just saw Mr Bellshill`s reply, beat me to it!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Ukbride Owner View Post
    Ehhh? UKbride is charging nothing to Charlie for this work, I don't make ANY money if brides choose to book with Charlie!!!
    So there's nothing at all on your website exploiting "exclusive offers" made by UK Bride advertisers to UK Bride members?

Quote Originally Posted by Ukbride Owner View Post
    He is too focussed on buying lights instead of making money.
    Have you any idea of the responsibility it is to be the 3rd most important person at a strangers wedding Julian.

Having the success of that couples special day more or less solely in your hands.Charlie needs hands on experience and may feel that having the latest lights will get him another succesful wedding under his belt.I would strongly suggest that this is what Charlie needs most at the moment....not a clubby type brochure thats going to make him even more of a nervous wreck!!

Sure. If I had any. Actually I do, but they're about 3 years old and out of date.

Brochures and my target market are mutually exclusive. I found I was sending out about 3 per year so didn't bother after the first batch.

Nowadays my unconverted customers are offered a personal meeting, or are treated to a bespoke response to their enquiry. Most of my weddings return £400+ and I'm turning work away on a regular basis.
    Out of interest how many £400 bookings do you actually do per year?

Just because Charlie will send out hundreds of brochures every month (not 3 a year) doesnt mean that quality will stop, or bespoke services are offered of a personal meeting removed.

Quite the opposite, to make big money you HAVE to work hard, probably harder than many of you (in the first few years). But Charlie and I have a plan to work SMART. Hard first, smart later!!!

Also the brochure is aimed ONLY at the wedding market and only set to UKbride members (other brochure will be needed which are CUSTOM built to different targets).

Charlie's brand is a National looking brand (unlike his website at the moment which looks local). Design is in the eye of the beholder so none of your personal comments are wrong.

BUT, it cannot be denied that it is professional looking, eye catching and although I think the 'clubbing' comment is fair, the UKbride member who receives will not confuse it with a nightclub, as we have subtly including wedding images.

In this cost concious state of mind that we are in at the moment, brides are (unfortunately) thinking, costs FIRST, quality second.

Charlie and I will tap into that thinking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    Like what?
    Accounts - how to do my books. Basic stuff I didn't know about. Spreadsheets etc.
    Tax - The ins and outs.
    Marketing - Vital tools and tips that have helped Julian that I can deploy into my own business.
    Freebies - Letterheads, Business Cards, Leaflet, Logo, Extra stuff on the UK Bride site.
    Experience - I love chatting and talking to successful people - maybe why Darren and I get on? I like to listen and put their advice into practise?
    Skipped games - Bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by thex-faders View Post
    If you want to be a full time DJ and not go university as you mentioned in a thread a while back then why not carry on how you are gaining the experiance and in a couple of years with a stable brand name under your belt go the full hog and become an agency who provides it all, disco's, marquees etc.

It seems like a bit of a leap in my view. The potential increase in gigs etc is rather steep. could you deal with it?
    Howdy Tom,

That's grand but WHY should our/my age effect when we do things? What's stopping us now?

I don't get what "waiting" has to achieve? The sooner I/We start - the quicker we're out there - building our "brand" and "company."

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    Have you any idea of the responsibility it is to be the 3rd most important person at a strangers wedding Julian.

Having the success of that couples special day more or less solely in your hands.Charlie needs hands on experience and may feel that having the latest lights will get him another succesful wedding under his belt.I would strongly suggest that this is what Charlie needs most at the moment....not a clubby type brochure thats going to make him even more of a nervous wreck!!

Marketing and equipment is very different. After looking at the budget Julian spends on Marketing - I don't think DJ's do enough. What will get you more bookings? A new flashing light or some investment in Google etc?

Charlie you go for it mate.........Big respect.

Awesome website by the way, If the one I'm getting Vectis to do for me is anywhere near as good. I'll be a happy man.

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

So there's nothing at all on your website exploiting "exclusive offers" made by UK Bride advertisers to UK Bride members?
    EXPLOITING??? no

We asked our brides if our advertisers offered an exclusive discount to UKbride members would you

a) Definitely use them
    b) Definitely look into them in more detail
    c) Would make no difference at all

The resounding answer was b

I make NO money from sales of the services that are offered!!!