Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cortex update

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    That's curious. My initial suspicion is a faulty unit. I've never had any trouble getting mine to recognise a powered HD of any flavour.
    HMMMMM

Before playing any more guessing games ring up the Cortex Help Line in the UK --I dont have the number but presumably its around--my Dealer put me in touch some years ago and they were very helpful---talk to them.

Horses mouth and all that

Cortex owner

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    HMMMMM

Before playing any more guessing games ring up the Cortex Help Line in the UK --I dont have the number but presumably its around--my Dealer put me in touch some years ago and they were very helpful---talk to them.

Horses mouth and all that

Cortex owner
    Blimey!!! You can use the telephone to get help? Bit last years model, surely?

Google didn't find it, sorry.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Blimey!!! You can use the telephone to get help? Bit last years model, surely?

Google didn't find it, sorry.
    Au contrare

This years model is GETTING THE ANSWER.

You havent.

Spose ill have to phone up my dealer and get it Tuesday

I work in a results business.

This reminds me of those smart bottoms who continually brag about booking Flights and Holidays direct on THE iNTERNET.

Whose laughing now--we got brought back FOC 4 days late from Mexico by a proper Travel Operator, I imagine theres lots of those clever Internet smart bottoms still waiting for a flight.

The 4 days delay was spent FREE in the Mexican Hotel 80F degress all day and all inclusive at the cost of the Travel Company.

Google is NOT the definitive answer.

Hee hee!

for some reason every where i have read after having the same problem is cortex dosent like WD hard drives

not true im using a 400 gig WD drive and have done with no issues for teh last year or so.

check jumper setting on harddrive as Coprtex sometimes dont pick up hard drive if set to slave

best advice has already been given try another harddrive
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    for some reason every where i have read after having the same problem is cortex dosent like WD hard drives
    What the Cortex definitely doesn't like is unpowered Hard Drives, of whatever make. I'm struggling to get mine to talk to portable drives.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    New to digital please go easy

Just got a second hand cortex HDC 1000 mainly as a back up (this unit is in good condition and not been used much)
    I’m trying to update to 2.5.2 (hdc1000_update.gci) the machine is at 1.9.1
    I follow all the instructions as laid out by their web site
    The unit excepts the memory stick but does not automatically find the update it just says
    “ device has no database perform indexing now”

I understand that the unit should find this update automatically is that correct
    Thats the message when plugging in a stick or hard drive with no Cortex .db (Database file) file on it--the file needed to allow you to use the machine with a hard drive or external device--- but normally it asks if you wish to perform the task--not seen it work automatically

Why do you want to update--is it essential--if not I would leave well alone, mine works perfectly and I dont think I ever used any update---in fact on the second machine I phoned Cortex and BACKDATED my version because I seemed to have an issue with my keyboard on the version supplied with the machine.

I cant remember exactly how I backdated mine-- they did email me a patch which I put on a stick and applied it to the machine--somehow.

If you have major issues contact Cortex--but its an 0870 number--I can find it from my dealer if you need it.

Hang on just noticed I have already offered this advice before--did you get to the bottom of this problem?
    Last edited by CRAZY K; 20-06-2010 at 05:33 PM.

I have two WD hard drives and both are not recognised even with the Cortex db so I went out and brought a iomega prestige 500gb and that seems to work the guy at my local DJ shop contacted cortex and we tried various versions even trying back dating it to then go foreword but for some reason the machine will not update

The only issue I have now with it is if one deck is playing and I search using the browser in the other deck there is slight skip in the music while the hard drive is searching but I have noticed other threads on this hence the update thought this may help with this problem I only use it as a back up and playing the odd requests so at the moment its not a real problem

The only issue I have now with it is if one deck is playing and I search using the browser in the other deck there is slight skip in the music while the hard drive is searching but I have noticed other threads on this hence the update thought this may help with this problem I only use it as a back up and playing the odd requests so at the moment its not a real problem
    I think Creature might have the answer to this possibly

I have two WD hard drives and both are not recognised even with the Cortex db so I went out and brought a iomega prestige 500gb and that seems to work the guy at my local DJ shop contacted cortex and we tried various versions even trying back dating it to then go foreword but for some reason the machine will not update

You can stop the skipping by using the cortex manager software.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs