Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terms & Conditions

Default Terms & Conditions

Just wondered. If you have terms and conditions that get sent out to clients, can you legally inform then that they will be bound by these regardless as to whether they return a signed copy? Sort of saying that if you book with us you are booking on the understanding that these terms apply?

I have this inter woven in my documentation they pull out the still lose there deposit or will have to pay more the nearer the event, stops those that cancel nearer the date

No signed copy no event.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ
    No signed copy no event.
    I apreciate the comment, but is it actually OK to send a copy of the terms and conditions with a statement like "A confirmed booking implies that all of the terms and conditions listed have been understood and agreed to". So even though a signed copy is great, in the event (unlikely that it is) that this isn't returned, the terms still stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps
    I apreciate the comment, but is it actually OK to send a copy of the terms and conditions with a statement like "A confirmed booking implies that all of the terms and conditions listed have been understood and agreed to". So even though a signed copy is great, in the event (unlikely that it is) that this isn't returned, the terms still stand?
    I don't understand the reasoning behind this Rice?

Surely if the contract didn't come back signed, you would chase it up?

Sorry, I too am a little confused as to the situation - how have they confirmed the booking if they haven't sent back the signed contract?

This is completely hypothetical, just curious and maybe seeing if I can make some positive changes to my paperwork.

I currently send back a booking form and a seperate terms and conditions for signing. There have been a number of occations where I have had the booking form back and not the terms and conditions. Sure I have always chased and got them, but just interested. Maybe I could add my above statement to my booking form to save me the bother of chasing. All I wanted to know was if that was legal.

No mystery at all guys!

We have our Terms and Conditions printed on the reverse of the letterhead used to print Booking Agreements on. These T&Cs refer to overleaf, thus provided a hard copy is returned (i.e. by post) then the promoter has signed up to the T&Cs

Where paperwork is returned by fax, a separate T&Cs is signed and returned.

Simple !

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

A line like

"I confirm that i have read the t&c's (attached seperatley), understand, and fully agree to them"

added to the main booking form should do the trick. Thats usually how banks/credit cards do it.

But personally, i have the t&cs on the booking form anyway before the signature section.

Yes, if the T&Cs are separate, just make reference to them in the booking form as Danno says. Even if it's on the reverse, still a good idea to mention them at the point of signature. If you really want to go to town, something along the lines of.....

"Along with the information contained in this Booking Form, the terms and conditions overleaf/under separate cover form part of the contract between (the customer) and (the Disco) and by signing below the (customer) confirms that he/she/they have read and understood those terms and conditions and acknowledges that they are entering into a legally binding contract with (the disco)"