Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accepting credit/debit cards.

ppentertainments

Default Accepting credit/debit cards.

Out of 4 client meetings today, 3 of them no longer have a cheque book. The main reason is that the banks have stopped issuing them.

I have decided it is time to start accepting card payments.

I know of the FSB offer, but has anyone any other ideas for accepting payment by card.

NOTE - please do not suggest Paypal, just personal preference but I do not want paypal.

All the high street banks have a merchant services department, whom should steer you in the right direction.

What are you looking for exactly?

Do you want to take cards in person / on the phone, or just online via your website?

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    What are you looking for exactly?

Do you want to take cards in person / on the phone, or just online via your website?
    In person and over the phone. Would like the option to add website capabilities at a later date but not too important.

Tony - Cheers. I was just wondering if there were any know cheap deals / methods people know of. Will certainly contact my bank to see what they offer.

In which case, I'm afraid you'd be very hard-pushed to beat the Streamline offer via FSB.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    NOTE - please do not suggest Paypal, just personal preference but I do not want paypal.
    That's like saying you're opening a paint shop but out of personal preference won't stock white emulsion

I've used PayPal for a number of businesses for a number of years without a hitch. I even tried Virtual Terminal (allows you to take cards over the phone or in person by tapping the details into a secure website) for a while but couldn't justify the monthly charge - it sounds like you might be able to.

I've also used Google Checkout and Nochex but neither is as well accepted by the client, so stopped through lack of use.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    In which case, I'm afraid you'd be very hard-pushed to beat the Streamline offer via FSB.
    I thought that may be the answer

I think it may be worth the plunge. As well as making it easier to secure deposits it will also enable me to take immediate full payment for last minute bookings, removing a lot of the risk.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    That's like saying you're opening a paint shop but out of personal preference won't stock white emulsion

I've used PayPal for a number of businesses for a number of years without a hitch. I even tried Virtual Terminal (allows you to take cards over the phone or in person by tapping the details into a secure website) for a while but couldn't justify the monthly charge - it sounds like you might be able to.

I've also used Google Checkout and Nochex but neither is as well accepted by the client, so stopped through lack of use.
    Hmmm..... Virtual Terminal looks quite tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Martin, I must say 99% of the time I agree with your stance on matters, but I'm struggling with that analogy!

Are you saying in your opinion/experience, a large majority of customers would prefer to pay by paypal and not offering the facility is rather crazy?

Perhaps I'm missing your point?

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Hmmm..... Virtual Terminal looks quite tempting.
    Now I'm confused, because the monthly fees and % for transaction fees are quite a bit higher on paypal's virtual terminal than they are with the FSB/Streamline offer