Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Accepting credit/debit cards.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Now I'm confused, because the monthly fees and % for transaction fees are quite a bit higher on paypal's virtual terminal than they are with the FSB/Streamline offer
    It was not Paypal I was actually looking at. I googled the term and many companies came up. Think I need time with a clearer head to look through all the pros and cons.

Why not BACS?
    90% of my customers pay this way now and it doesnt cost anything for them or me- with faster payments the cash is moved instantly too.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    It was not Paypal I was actually looking at. I googled the term and many companies came up. Think I need time with a clearer head to look through all the pros and cons.
    Ahhh!

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    Why not BACS?
    90% of my customers pay this way now and it doesnt cost anything for them or me- with faster payments the cash is moved instantly too.
    And if people want to pay by credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    And if people want to pay by credit card?
    I advise that I dont take it - never had an issue with it.

In my experience Credit is not something that they expect when booking a disco.

I genuinely dont think anyone would not book me because I didnt take a Credit Card.

I advise that I dont take it - never had an issue with it.

In my experience Credit is not something that they expect when booking a disco.

I genuinely dont think anyone would not book me because I didnt take a Credit Card.
    In your experience. You hit the nail on the head Rich. By your own admission you don't DJ every week and can afford to pick and choose.

It's giving the client a choice and this thread is about accepting cards and not BACS.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    In your experience. You hit the nail on the head Rich. By your own admission you don't DJ every week and can afford to pick and choose.

It's giving the client a choice and this thread is about accepting cards and not BACS.
    Maybe I can afford to pick and choose more than some, but it doesn't change the fact that in over 15 years of doing this I have never had one client ask if I take Credit Cards.

I'm all for offering the customer exactly what they want, but in 15 years if someone hasn't asked for something I'm also not for incurring unecessary expense.

...n over 15 years of doing this I have never had one client ask if I take Credit Cards.
    Wow! That's surprising, because in the lead up to us taking cards several years ago, we were getting asked on a regular basis!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Wow! That's surprising, because in the lead up to us taking cards several years ago, we were getting asked on a regular basis!
    Only as surprising as others on the forum saying they never got asked for BACS payments- most of my clients ask if I accept payment this way before I offer it.

Maybe I can afford to pick and choose more than some, but it doesn't change the fact that in over 15 years of doing this I have never had one client ask if I take Credit Cards.

I'm all for offering the customer exactly what they want, but in 15 years if someone hasn't asked for something I'm also not for incurring unecessary expense.
    Fair enough, but this thread ain't about you.

If you offer a service then people will take it.

It's a bit like saying that no-one has ever asked you to supply uplighting in 15 years. If you don't advertise the fact, then people probably won't ask.

Before I started offering the service, I didn't get many people asking if they could pay by card either. I do now. It's more convenient for them and relatively inexpensive too.