Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Room Filling Light

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    I had an efx 600 and I'd have to disagree. I know a lot of people like them, and sure it's a 'room filler', but the lack of indidual gobo & colour wheels spoiled it for me.
    when you consider how much a wizard extreme costs the EFX range offer decent value for money. That said i would, if i was doing large amounts of work, get some wizards as i think they look superb.

What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    What's the difference?
    250w MSD lamp, separate gobo / colour wheels and i believe the design allows for an even more room filling projection but i could be wrong on that bit I have haven't seen one in the flesh.

A) Doesn't need to be any brighter.

B) Will a separate gobo /colour wheel get you more work?

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    250w MSD lamp, separate gobo / colour wheels and i believe the design allows for an even more room filling projection but i could be wrong on that bit I have haven't seen one in the flesh.
    As someone who uses Martin Wizard Extreme's I'd say the effect can fill a decent sized room. Link two together or one with a couple of other Martin effects (we use Acrobats) and you've got a really good, synchronized lightshow.

The only downside (not including the near £1,000 price tag) with the Wizard Extreme is that it's a very bulky, heavy effect. We've always used it as a floor-standing effect as I wouldn't fancy trying to hang it overhead. Not that it can't be done, though, I just prefer the easy life!

Anyway, the OP said specifically no Wizard Extreme so how about a couple of Acrobats? Or, if you're really tight on funds, a couple of Tango's (the original ones, not the LEDs as I noticed a hint of anti-LED in the question!)
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post

Anyway, the OP said specifically no Wizard Extreme so how about a couple of Acrobats? Or, if you're really tight on funds, a couple of Tango's (the original ones, not the LEDs as I noticed a hint of anti-LED in the question!)
    Hey, I got a couple of acrobats, but I just don't fancy them. I might look at the isolution range?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    A) Doesn't need to be any brighter.

B) Will a separate gobo /colour wheel get you more work?

Did the EFX500s get you more work then?

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    As someone who uses Martin Wizard Extreme's I'd say the effect can fill a decent sized room. Link two together or one with a couple of other Martin effects (we use Acrobats) and you've got a really good, synchronized lightshow.
    You kept that quiet. I need to have a look at one / two Extremes in action - any chance of popping along to a gig to have a look ?? Certainly not going to purchase something at that expense without seeing them in action

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    Im confused...is that the Wizard extreme your talking about...
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

If you've got the balls to buy something from Barbados on eBay you can get a bargain...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Used-Martin-Wi...#ht_500wt_1025