Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Room Filling Light

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Hi Ian,
    Nice to meet you, the difference between a halogen and a discharge is the colour saturation. If you get a 100W halgen back to back with a 100W discharge bulb, the colour white for example from the 100W discharge will be richer than the 100W white from the halogen. Halogen produces like a yellowish white whereas a discharge bulb white will be very white

Neil.
    I think I went about buying lights the wrong way. I started off with LED ones, a couple of Revo 4's as my main ones. Within about an hour of using them I was bored of them.

Now I just don't understand enough about the Halogen and Discharge lights. I want to buy some nice bright lights, like an EFX 500 or 600, but then I look at lamp prices and it all gets a bit scary.

I also get mixed messages, the guy in the local disco shop tells me not to buy hot running lights, LED is the way to but, but most people on here swear by a good old halogen light.

Halogen is a good compromise.

Cheap lamps, readily available, not too much discernable difference between a 250W halogen and a 150W HID in a typical mobile disco environment.

I have a mix of LED wash, LED pattern, laser and halogen lighting and am always complimented on its effectiveness. Mind you, everything's DMX'd so that helps.