Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Northbrook Park, Farnham

Default Northbrook Park, Farnham

I'm working at this venue for the first time in a few weeks, and although I've been given a couple of details by the client, I'd appreciate a bit more info from anyone who's worked there.

I'm especially interested to know about access to the venue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.northbrookpark.co.uk/

Nice place. Are you in the Orangery??
    You don't need lots of kit. There is a sound limiter. Short walk through the "garden gate".
    http://www.mikemooreentertainments.co.uk
    ...playing all the hits for you...
    ....wherever you may be .......

Lovely venue, easy access, beware of the peacock and other wild fowl...

Basically pull up out the front as the main room you can see on the right of the white door is where everything happens:

You will have to wait for access during the room turnaround but it is straight in through the white front door and head to your right on a diagonal to set up in a bay window where the top table usually is.

Finish is 11:30 sharp without fail and although they have portable sound limiters Victor (the polish guy who runs the evenings) usually doesn't bother plugging it in.

With lots of marble and glass around great volume is not required. Remember to move your van to the car park once finished.

You can see pictures that show the room in more detail on this blog. Scroll down for pictures of the room during the meal and then the dancing.

I was the DJ and this was only about 3 weeks ago.
    Exit stage left...

The last wedding I did there was in the Orangery which is much bigger than the white room and has a stone floor with oak flooring over theold swimming pool. Just a tad of a bit further walk round the corner than the white room. It was a lady that was running it when I was there but she was very helpful and I had to be setup before anyone arrived, so had a strolling setup around lunchtime.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm not sure which room I'm in yet.

Interesting about having to set up when they turn the room around, as I've arranged with the groom to set up in the middle of the afternoon before people arrive...and he confirmed there will be plenty of room for me to set up with the tables & chairs in place, so it looks like I'll need to double check with the venue for clarification on that one!

I was aware of the sound limiter, which I believe is set to 92db. If that's the case, I can'r see it causing any problems.

Thanks again, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kilmeedyman View Post
    The last wedding I did there was in the Orangery which is much bigger than the white room and has a stone floor with oak flooring over theold swimming pool. Just a tad of a bit further walk round the corner than the white room. It was a lady that was running it when I was there but she was very helpful and I had to be setup before anyone arrived, so had a strolling setup around lunchtime.
    I think I'm also in the Orangery, as the groom said there's plenty of room, which would also tie in with setting up before anyone arrives...as that is what I've arranged with the groom.

http://www.julianporter.co.uk/index2.php?v=v1

What a smashing website the photographers have Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    http://www.julianporter.co.uk/index2.php?v=v1

What a smashing website the photographers have Steve!
    Except for the music...which it seems you can't turn off

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Except for the music...which it seems you can't turn off
    Ohhh I like that!

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I think I'm also in the Orangery, as the groom said there's plenty of room, which would also tie in with setting up before anyone arrives...as that is what I've arranged with the groom.
    Shame, the Orangery is horrible and because there is a swimming pool hidden under the floor it smells of chlorine...

There is a small "stage" for you to set up on at one end but access is much more of a trek.

They may of course be eating in the Orangery then having the dancing in the White Room I suppose but that would be a strange choice.

Using the Orangery is like eating in a slightly damp shed...

One other thing, you will have to sign a disclaimer on arrival to say anything you do is your fault (i.e. cause a fire, set of the limiter etc.).
    Exit stage left...