Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Northbrook Park, Farnham

Blimey ! A Rob James thread reactivated lol
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Been looking for this thread this morning and I have been on the phone to the venue to go through some details as the Wedding I mentioned is on 27th April. I am meeting the customers this evening and wanted to make sure that I had some background information.

The lady I was supposed to be dealing with is called Deborah but I spoke to a very helpful guy called Dirk.
    He said that The Orangery (where the Disco will be set up) does have a sound limiter which is set at 92db. He said smoke or haze is allowed as the sensors are heat sensors.
    He described the room as quite large but also said that they have not had any problems with the sound and last night they had an Asian wedding there with no problems either.

Thanks for all of the information. I know naughty boy Rob originally started the thread way back but I found it very helpful too, so thanks for all of the information.

Well, this has come around quick as I am there this evening.
    I'm taking the Mackies and my subs too but not sure if I will need them so I will check it out when I get there. There are 150 guests tonight and having not seen the room as yet but just going on what I have been told on here and by the venue, it should be ok shouldn't it?

Just a quick update for those that may be going to this venue in the future.
    I really liked it there. The staff were very helpful and the guy in charge whose name was Dirk was a very nice, helpful guy.
    As mentioned earlier in the thread - Be aware of the peacocks! There are loads of them scattered around the grounds and also right near the Orangery which was where I was (they are flippin' LOUD too!).

The Orangery (as also said before), is quite a big room. There are drapes everywhere and I couldn't see how tall the roof was because it was all draped too.
    Access is around a 100m walk. You can park outside the chalets.
    On arrival I asked about the Sound Limiter and was told not to worry about it. Dirk said he would have a handheld monitor and was impressed when I said I had mine with me. He said the level was 92db on the dancefloor. I hit around 110db at some points despite my best efforts and he didn't say a thing and just let me get on with it.

Plenty of power available too so no worries about massive extension leads etc.
    I'll post a seperate review of how the gig went but I really liked the venue.
    Thanks to everyone that commented on the thread, it was helpful.

Jeezz Mike goes there once and causes Havoc,no wonder they disclaim everything.:-)