Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Northbrook Park, Farnham

Quote Originally Posted by Steve - FDDJ View Post
    Shame, the Orangery is horrible and because there is a swimming pool hidden under the floor it smells of chlorine...

There is a small "stage" for you to set up on at one end but access is much more of a trek.

They may of course be eating in the Orangery then having the dancing in the White Room I suppose but that would be a strange choice.

Using the Orangery is like eating in a slightly damp shed...

One other thing, you will have to sign a disclaimer on arrival to say anything you do is your fault (i.e. cause a fire, set of the limiter etc.).
    Thanks for the extra info, Steve.

I'm almost certain I AM in the Orangery, as the groom said I'm in the same soom as where they're having the wedding breakfast & that there's plenty of room.

A couple more questions. Roughly how far is it from where I can put the van to the Orangery itself, and where is the Orangery in relation to the main building which you linked to the pics of in your first post?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    A couple more questions. Roughly how far is it from where I can put the van to the Orangery itself, and where is the Orangery in relation to the main building which you linked to the pics of in your first post?
    The Orangery is a short distance from the White Room but to get to it you have to go via the White Room and through landscaped gardens, a pain if you are carrying kit.

There may be another entrance but I am not aware of it.

Can you see any benefits in a pre event meeting at the venue yet or is it still a waste of time?
    Exit stage left...

The Orangery is a short distance from the White Room but to get to it you have to go via the White Room and through landscaped gardens, a pain if you are carrying kit.

There may be another entrance but I am not aware of it.
    Thanks Steve.

Can you see any benefits in a pre event meeting at the venue yet or is it still a waste of time?
    I think it's a waste of time in this case, as I'm arriving early in the afternoon to set up...long before anyone arrives. I'll therefore have plenty of time and there will be nobody in the way to hinder me.

As I think you know, all my clients are offered a meeting, either at home or the venue itself...but 90% of them don't take me up on it. It's their choice, and I'm certainly not going to force them into meetings, as I don't think that's very good customer service.

Rob, as you approach the building, in the right hand corner is a gate in the wall, this takes you into the walled garden, turn right and about 30 steps turn right into the room, then back on your self to the end of the room. You can't setup against the wall because on the plants, but you do have the whole width, I would guestimate the depth to be about 10 feet. The room is not overly long so you could get away with a single Bose L1 . The roof is glass, but has "waves" of white matierial hanging over bars ( I think there is a picture on their website).
    They have two portable sound limiters, one I believe is set around 86 and the other is set at around 92.
    Hope that helps
    http://www.mikemooreentertainments.co.uk
    ...playing all the hits for you...
    ....wherever you may be .......

I think it's a waste of time in this case, as I'm arriving early in the afternoon to set up...long before anyone arrives. I'll therefore have plenty of time and there will be nobody in the way to hinder me.
    No real need for the thread then if you are going to be there nice and early to find your way around...

Just take your swimming trunks...
    Exit stage left...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee View Post
    Rob, as you approach the building, in the right hand corner is a gate in the wall, this takes you into the walled garden, turn right and about 30 steps turn right into the room, then back on your self to the end of the room. You can't setup against the wall because on the plants, but you do have the whole width, I would guestimate the depth to be about 10 feet. The room is not overly long so you could get away with a single Bose L1 . The roof is glass, but has "waves" of white matierial hanging over bars ( I think there is a picture on their website).
    They have two portable sound limiters, one I believe is set around 86 and the other is set at around 92.
    Hope that helps
    Thanks Mike.

Very helpful.

No real need for the thread then if you are going to be there nice and early to find your way around...
    I might be arriving early, but that doesn 't mean I don't want to know a bit more about the venue in advance from those who have worked there!

*Note made to take trunks (and a peg for my nose to stop the chlorine smell!)*

...and, it's best to wear a tux whilst setting up....definately not jeans and tee shirt. Oh, and what do you drive??

...and, it's best to wear a tux whilst setting up....definately not jeans and tee shirt. Oh, and what do you drive??
    I'll be wearing the same outfit to set up in as I will for doing the actual gig, a suit & tie.

I drive a Transit connect. Why do you ask?

Thanks Mike.

Very helpful.

Always glad to help

and a peg for my nose to stop the chlorine smell!
    ...and, it's best to wear a tux whilst setting up....
    I'll be wearing the same outfit to set up in as I will for doing the actual gig, a suit & tie.
    ..and if the weather is the same as it was this weekend, it won't be the smell of the chlorine you need to worry about!