Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2x phono to 2x phono choices and jargon

Default 2x phono to 2x phono choices and jargon

I have spent most of today trying to choose some decent 2x phono to 2x phono leads as part of my continued sound system upgrade. I would have loved some of the Van Damme or QX/DX branded ones but my budget is no that high!!!

Anyway after a VERY long search I am probably going with these:

Black Professional 5m Klotz TP414 2 Core Screened 2x Neutrik Phono Plugs To 2x Neutrik Phono Plugs. Sleeve.

or maybe this one

SoundLAB - Gold Plated Phono Lead - 3m
    Model: A114CB
    Product description:
    2 x Phono plug to 2 x phono plug. Pearl chrome plated die cast shell. Pure gold plated contacts (3 microns). Oxygen free double screened cable, extra ferrite screen. Ultra high sound transmission quality with interference suppression technology.

Black Professional Heavy Duty Oxygen Free Twin Screened 2x Gold Plated Phono Plugs To 2x Gold Plated Phono Plugs Lead. Blister 3m.

I need the leads for the conncetions between my mixer and laptop. Not much difference in price with both leads coming in at around £10 each. Anyone got a preference or experience of these? And also what does Sleeve and Blister mean in the above descriptions - it's probably something simple but I'm not familiar with it - any ideas?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz View Post
    I have spent most of today trying to choose some decent 2x phono to 2x phono leads as part of my continued sound system upgrade. I would have loved some of the Van Damme or QX/DX branded ones but my budget is no that high!!!

Anyway after a VERY long search I am probably going with these:

Black Professional 5m Klotz TP414 2 Core Screened 2x Neutrik Phono Plugs To 2x Neutrik Phono Plugs. Sleeve.

or maybe this one

SoundLAB - Gold Plated Phono Lead - 3m
    Model: A114CB
    Product description:
    2 x Phono plug to 2 x phono plug. Pearl chrome plated die cast shell. Pure gold plated contacts (3 microns). Oxygen free double screened cable, extra ferrite screen. Ultra high sound transmission quality with interference suppression technology.

Black Professional Heavy Duty Oxygen Free Twin Screened 2x Gold Plated Phono Plugs To 2x Gold Plated Phono Plugs Lead. Blister 3m.

I need the leads for the conncetions between my mixer and laptop. Not much difference in price with both leads coming in at around £10 each. Anyone got a preference or experience of these? And also what does Sleeve and Blister mean in the above descriptions - it's probably something simple but I'm not familiar with it - any ideas?

Cheers
    I think I've solved it sleeve and blister is the packaging the leads come in.

Still any preferences out there for phono leads? The conclusions I have come to is... as long as they are gold plated and oxygen free double screened - I am pretty safe for the system that I use. Anything is better than the dismal hi-fi traditional audio leads I been using.

Gold plated dont mean squat if the bits there touching are silver......
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    Gold plated dont mean squat if the bits there touching are silver......
    I believe my SYNQ SMX mixer and 00DJ (gigaport) have the gold connections required...

Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    Nice definitely similar to what I'm looking for. Arrrgghh! These decisions are hard to make and getting harderd as my shortlist is getting bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    I can second those ones....
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

What are you linking with phono leads.

I just use the ones that come with the CD player, etc. Or just get some from CPC.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

They're not great quality!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    I can second those ones....
    I can Third as i find these quite high quality another brand i like to use are the qed range

Cheers Dave
    Dave