Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uplighting...

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post
    so how do you hide all the extra wire? or do you have loads of different sized leads?
    Yes, we do have different length leads, but obviously you can't have EXACTLY the right length for each one at every job.

What we've done to assist with this, is use microphone stand bases as the base for the uplighters. You can hide some excess underneath then, if necessary.... but obviously it can be a laborious job to get that tidy, stable and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    Well that's me out Unless its pre-fixed with a word that rhymes with hiss.
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 26-05-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    Well that's me out Unless its pre-fixed with a word that rhymes with hiss.

There's some real uplighting right there
    Or here....one of the venues we supply at.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    What we've done to assist with this, is use microphone stand bases as the base for the uplighters.
    Were they cheap? Have you a linky?

They were a very good price through CPC - Pulse ones if I remember correctly (I remember thinking at the time "Where's the catch?").

However, they were doing one of their 'special prices' at the time and they are more expensive most of the time (still not silly money, but not the bargain we got) - but well worth keeping an eye out on the 'specials' in the little catalogues as they do come up cheaper from time to time.

I think Uplighting looks really cool when it's done properly. I have done some venues that are pretty ordinary and just one big square shape and the lights have transformed the place. I have done others where it has taken a bit of fiddling about but it's worth it because they have looked great afterwards. I like venues that have columns or archways that you can really enhance with the units.

Danno - Quick question. You mentioned IEC splitters. I never even thought of those. Does that mean for example that if you used splitters you could in reality daisy chain each unit from one power socket? If this is the case then I am definitely interested in getting some. Where would I get something like this? Also, because the units are low power consumption, I take it that there wouldn't be a problem with them sapping too much power?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    Danno - Quick question. You mentioned IEC splitters. I never even thought of those. Does that mean for example that if you used splitters you could in reality daisy chain each unit from one power socket?
    Yep. I use these too.

Try here Gary.

Gary.

I too use IEC splitters. They do make daisychaining so simple, and ive onfen ran everthing from 1 socket.

Im on the phone internet at them moment, but CPC stock them.

EDIT --- Never nind, Daz beat me to it
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Dan with a cee form plugs..

You know that 16amps is about 4000 watts

And yes, uplighting can make a huge difference,,in one of the suites at my res, it absolutely transforms it !

Sometimes when we have white chair covers, with white or silver sashes, LED table centres, and uplighting on blue,,its just something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    They were a very good price through CPC - Pulse ones if I remember correctly (I remember thinking at the time "Where's the catch?").

However, they were doing one of their 'special prices' at the time and they are more expensive most of the time (still not silly money, but not the bargain we got) - but well worth keeping an eye out on the 'specials' in the little catalogues as they do come up cheaper from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Have you a linky?

I did try, but I can't recall which ones they were. It was one of these: http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/br...questid=157645

Steve might recall, but he's not around at the moment.