Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Memories!!

Roanaldos wink to the bench when he got Rooney sent off in Germany four years ago.

Shearer in the BBC studios after the game said if I was Rooney I'd chin Ronaldo in training later this summer....Class

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    Roanaldos wink to the bench when he got Rooney sent off in Germany four years ago.

Was it only 4 years ago....

Steve...the defining moment for me was the Gary Lineker gesture to the bench when Gazza had been booked for the second time in 1990.

"have a word with him"

That was so natural.It could have been a Sunday League Game in Consett or Reading....but it wasn't it was the World Cup Semi-Final!!

Come on Scotland ...where are you??Do you only have Archie Gemmells Flukey goal and a minor top ten hit from Rodney to show for 60 years of endeavour!!

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    Come on Scotland ...where are you??Do you only have Archie Gemmells Flukey goal and a minor top ten hit from Rodney to show for 60 years of endeavour!!
    Do Scotland play in these games?
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Gordon Banks save from Eusebio, I think.

Seeing England go out on pens when I was in Spain, can't remember year.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    Was it only 4 years ago....

Steve...the defining moment for me was the Gary Lineker gesture to the bench when Gazza had been booked for the second time in 1990.

"have a word with him"

That was so natural.It could have been a Sunday League Game in Consett or Reading....but it wasn't it was the World Cup Semi-Final!!

Gazza only burst into tears when he realised that if England got through that night, he wouldn't be playing.

Bobby Robson...So unlucky twice 1986 Maradonna Hand of God 1990 the panalties against Germany. England could and should have won the World cup twice under Robson

I'm on a roll now Martin

David Platts winner against Belgium 1990 In Turin. First game of the knock out stages and John Motsons commentary immortalised forever from that game on Baddiel and Skinners 3 lions track
    'And England have done it. In the last minute of exrta time'

Or Maradonnas second goal against England 1986 and Barry Davies commentary Ohhhh You have to say that's magnificent and much as it pains me to say it, My god it was. Widely acknowledged to be the greatest goal ever.

Not for me though. That little honour goes to Marco Van Bastens goal against Russia in 1988 (and yes I Know It was Euro 88 not the world cup) His technique and skill to score a goal like that in a major world final was simply sublime

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    I'm on a roll now Martin

David Platts winner against Belgium 1990 In Turin. First game of the knock out stages and John Motsons commentary immortalised forever from that game on Baddiel and Skinners 3 lions track
    'And England have done it. In the last minute of exrta time'

Or Maradonnas second goal against England 1986 and Barry Davies commentary Ohhhh You have to say that's magnificent and much as it pains me to say it, My god it was. Widely acknowledged to be the greatest goal ever.

Not for me though. That little honour goes to Marco Van Bastens goal against Russia in 1988 (and yes I Know It was Euro 88 not the world cup) His technique and skill to score a goal like that in a major world final was simply sublime
    Keep them coming......

I love this Nostalgia ride!!

I work in an office of about 250 people.I have come up with the idea of allocating the teams that we have (about ten to a team) another team to support for the World Cup.There are prizes for the best dressed section....overall winners....and a Penalty Prize Competition on a World Cup Fun Day we are having.

The Staff are loving it....we drew Argentina....aaarrrgggghhh!!

How about when Zinedine Zidane "bull charged" that Italian player in the final in 2006. I laughed my socks off

Michael Owen's goal against Argentina in 1998 was fairly memorable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Michael Owen's goal against Argentina in 1998 was fairly memorable too.

Yep Darren......at such a young age too.I'm not sure I would leave him out of the squad this year???