Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: whats a suitable charge for standard 5 hour gig?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • £60 - £90

0 0%
  • £91 - £120

1 5.56%
  • £121 - £150

2 11.11%
  • £151 - £200

3 16.67%
  • Over £201

12 66.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charges

Default Charges

Hi all,

New to the forum, and to my own business...

Wondering whats best to charge, a lot of the companies round here will charge 60-120 quid for an evenings entertainment...

my packages look to start at £200 for adult disco's, and 100-250 for kids (have three packages - the more expensive includes entertainer)

tell me your thoughts and add to the poll if you can
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

Hi there and welcome along to the forum :teeth:

I certainly think this is the first time that a Newbie has posted a poll in their first post!

..... the age old question of pricing! We have had this one several times on here, and it really is difficult to tell anyone else what they should charge.

There are so many factors! Apart from the differences in service between one DJ and another, there are the outside factors - ie location. What is reasonable in one area is not in another.

Shaun (EliteDJ) is in your neck of the woods and can no doubt help in telling us what the 'local' market is like.

What type of client are you targeting?

PS - I think most of the answers you will get is that there is no such thing as a 'standard' 5 hour gig! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I hope this isnt going to turn like when i asked it

I will take any and every client, there are too many beer money DJ's in the area - in fact i can only thinkl of two reputable companies within the Dunfermline area who charge upwards of £120, but the going rate in Dunfermline 15 years ago was £100 lol, I am looking at offering that little bit extra and really blowing everyone else away.

My big selling point is 100% guarantee that the customer will enjoy the evening or they get all thier money back. - check my website for terms
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com

Well I'm just over the water from you, and I don't go out for less than £100

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment
    PS - I think most of the answers you will get is that there is no such thing as a 'standard' 5 hour gig! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Ok lets say a 30th birthday lasting 7pm-12 midnight for 80 people at a local pub/hotel
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com

Have a little nosey at this thread: http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.u...light=charging

A similar poll and discussion last December.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewnics
    Hi all,

New to the forum, and to my own business...

Wondering whats best to charge, a lot of the companies round here will charge 60-120 quid for an evenings entertainment...

my packages look to start at £200 for adult disco's, and 100-250 for kids (have three packages - the more expensive includes entertainer)

tell me your thoughts and add to the poll if you can

Howdy neighbour...I'm just along the road from you (Methil).

The prices you mentioned you will be charging are in the right range of what to charge. How right you are about the £60 - £120 companies in the locality. Glad to see you've set your sets higher and set yourself apart from the "cheapies" . A man after my own heart.

Welcome to the community mate...looking forward to chatting (and networking) with you.

(Shaun)

hmmmm interesting...I have to agree with Darren though...I am wanting to quit my job, run my own business (perhaps set up a shop selling DJ Equiptment/Music/Ipod's etc for day to day running) as well as running basically a Disco/Entertainments agency covering the whole of Scotland but paying a fair price for the DJ's.

In May my work had a end of (tax) year party (at Edinburgh Corn Exchange) and the DJ was being paid £80, for 7pm-2am (Band on for Hour, Equiptment supplied) but the agency were charging the venue £300 (there was perhaps 200 people there). If i were to work as an agency I would charge say £350, my DJ would be paid £170 as well as transported to and from the gig and my own equiptment used....does this sound daft?
    Last edited by Candybeatdiscos; 05-07-2006 at 10:52 PM.
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com