Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your minimum (hours)?

Sorry, didn't make myself clear enough..... 6pm - Midnight, or 7pm -1am.... different??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment
    Sorry, didn't make myself clear enough..... 6pm - Midnight, or 7pm -1am.... different??????????????
    Oh yes.

I'm starting to think that we are too soft on customers!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment
    I'm starting to think that we are too soft on customers!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
    yes

Hmmm..... maybe time to look at a few 'tweaks'

Anyway...... :sleep: ...night all!

No minimum hours--just minimum fee based on four hours :teeth:

That sorts out the punters who understand that if you call in a bloke from Dynorod he charges umpteen pounds because hes brought thousands of pounds worth of equipment in an expensive vehicle together with his expertise to sort out your problem and whether its one , two, three or four hours doesnt make a lot of difference BUT apparently its different for us Entertainers somehow

Im amazed at the amount of people who still say--ooooh its only for an hour or two

Angela, you couldnt afford to send a DJ to Reading for TWO HOURS and NOT charge a full evening rate surely?

My business is different and I do get a lot of requests for short hours--not that its any cheaper :teeth:

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW
    No minimum hours--just minimum fee based on four hours :teeth:

Yup, that's what I meant

Whether the gig is 1 hours long or 4 hours long the fee is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW
    Angela, you couldnt afford to send a DJ to Reading for TWO HOURS and NOT charge a full evening rate surely?
    When I say no minimum as such, I mean that I judge the situation. As most of you know, we operate rather differently to most of you, employing our own DJs on a PAYE basis. This means that the shorter the job, the less is costs us, so we can add x hours playing time to our 'base' charge.

Obviously, it would not make economic sense to take a 2 hour job in Berkshire on a busy Saturday in June; however, a 2 hour job fairly locally on a different night of the week, or on a 'dead' Satuday night in November would be charged as such (hence my saying no minimum number of hours as such)

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd
    Back to the original post....

I charge per evening with a maximum of 5 hours and then an hourly rate after 12 minight.

I also charge for an early set up

If the gig starts before 7pm, then I make a surcharge.

It doesn't make any difference what time it finishes, as long as it finishes before 12.
    So you make an unsocial hours surcharge?

By it's very nature the job is all unsocial hours, IMHO charging more after midnight is just ripping off the client.

It costs you no more to do the job after midnight why should it cost your client more?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve
    By it's very nature the job is all unsocial hours, IMHO charging more after midnight is just ripping off the client.
    I'm not actually sure I like that turn of phrase Steve.

Just because I run my business in a different way from you, it doesn't mean I am ripping them off.

If you had any other job, you work a set amount of hours and then get overtime for any hours outside of this.

I spend a lot more time on each job than just going out doing the gig. In fact the gig is just the tip of the iceburg.

Most gigs we do are up to 12 midnight, so therefore if they require us for longer then we charge them extra.

I'm sure if you did a 4-12 gig it would cost more than an 8-12 gig.