Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of me?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    i think you have too much time on your hands if you are thinking about whay people think of you enjoy life, worry about stuff that later
    I think I need more time on my hands as my time seems to be running out. Every day goes past and I think - where has the day gone?

The reason why I am asking this question now is because I want to better my self and I want to know what people think of me so I can work on the bad points.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post
    Your young and are bound to make mistakes like we all have..
    I'm also keen to know what people think of me.
    What is it with all of these young lads

Get a few hundred Gigs under your belt and you'll lose all your insecurities.Ollies a similair age .....he is focussed and knows where he is going.... I couldn't imagine him asking that question...

Come on lads...stop ASKING what we think of you...and tell us what we SHOULD be thinking of you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    What is it with all of these young lads

Get a few hundred Gigs under your belt and you'll lose all your insecurities.Ollies a similair age .....he is focussed and knows where he is going.... I couldn't imagine him asking that question...

Come on lads...stop ASKING what we think of you...and tell us what we SHOULD be thinking of you!!!
    I am trying to get some gigs under my belt but I don't want to promote myself just yet as I am only 16 so transport is an issue for me at the moment. I am also currently looking for a job so I can afford some new gear to upgrade my mobile DJ setup.

You should be thinking of me as being a kind, helpful, charming, intelligent, bright young lad who is willing to learn and help anyone in the mobile DJ business

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoTom View Post

You should be thinking of me as being a kind, helpful, charming, intelligent, bright young lad who is willing to learn and help anyone in the mobile DJ business
    Good start......and I will....now you've put it like that!!Simples???

Now you've got to believe it too!!

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    Good start......and I will....now you've put it like that!!Simples???

Now you've got to believe it too!!
    I do believe it but unfortunately my little mistakes that I make let me down and can reflect what people think of me!

I honestly don't mean to make the mistakes I do. I don't know where they come from and I wish I could stop making the mistakes.

My problem Is am a Shy person and had ALOt of knock backs, some people also can knock confidence out of you. also ive done a couple of hundred gig.
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post
    My problem Is am a Shy person and had ALOt of knock backs, some people also can knock confidence out of you. also ive done a couple of hundred gig.
    I am not a shy person but I used to get bulied at my school and that knocked my confidence quite a bit and it is still not as strong as it can be.

The only time I get shy and my confidence drops is when I have to speak on the microphone at a gig because my voice sounds so rubbish on the microphone and I feel that people will take the mick out of it.

Judging by the above posts, it sounds as if the OP has been making mistakes. I don't know whether he has or not, it depends what you regard as a mistake.

I am trying to get some gigs under my belt
    I thought you had been running for 3 years plus

LOL

my confidence drops is when I have to speak on the microphone at a gig because my voice sounds so rubbish on the microphone and I feel that people will take the mick out of it.
    I can see where you are coming from there. I am confident on Mics, but I'm not always the best comfortable meeting other (Mobile) DJs. I find that they are 32 to 50 odd, and I am 19. Think back a few years, and I wasn't even an adult.

It seems quite a few DJs worry about their voices, they aren't singers. It's just one of those things = confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    i think you have too much time on your hands if you are thinking about whay people think of you enjoy life, worry about stuff that later
    That's a good point.

If I spent MY time worrying about what people on here think of me, I'd have had a nervous breakdown AGES ago!

I ain't worried about what people think of me - I just want to work on the bad points about what they think of me.

I want to better my self as a person and gain my confidence back and become a better person.