Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slappers? Leg slappers?

Talking Slappers? Leg slappers?

Last night I had the pleasure of observing Tony Brown at work.

He's a genuine, cracking bloke & we had a reet laugh. He fed & watered me well whilst making me feel really welcome. He even took me home!

Dad dropped me off and I was greeted by a tall man in a posh Tux. I felt very under-dressed (black jeans, stripy shirt and brown shoes - to be precise)

He led the way and showed me his incredibly tidy set-up. There wasn't a wire in site. I wasn't sure whether it was Darren in a funny costume.

Now the function was a 50th Birthday party. Tony works regularly with a group of men called the FFN. These men lay on wine tasting nights for functions/fates etc. All the proceeds they make from an event goes to a charity. They have raised thousands over the year - having been established for 30 years.

Now, this is wine tasting...but rather odd wine tasting. The chaps try to recreate a German beer-hall. They introduce each wine in the most unusual manor. The aid of German music, chanting, singing, slapping legs, dancing, congoing - is it overwhelming. I've got some good footage of them in action - I'll try and pop it on YouTube tonight. You really have to see it to believe it.

Meanwhile, Tony & I chillaxed - putting the world to right and having a good gossip about everyone on here. - Yes, we talked about you.

3 hours later, the punters were rather drunk (having consumed a bottle of wine each + all the beer/wine etc before & after)

....It was time for DJ Tony Brown to show his me his stuff.

The venue took their time clearing the tables/chairs - so in the end I gave them a hand!

As soon as the dancefloor was clear - Tony had them rocking. I picked up a few tips like:- Never turn your lights on during Abba because your Denon will die and turn off.

I picked up some good tunes:- The trouble with me - Black Legend & Contact - Edwin Starr.

I thought he did a grand job and used the mic sparingly but well. The music sounded live with two decent subs providing a subtle punch.

It was a bizarre, fascinating, interesting evening that I enjoyed thoroughly. I might talk Tony into coming down to one of my "Born Slippy" gigs - He can tell me where I'm going right and wrong.

It was a pleasure meeting Tony & I'd like to thank him for the opportunity...............and the lift home.

Cheers Tone.

............Await the video! It'll make you laugh.

Glad you enjoyed it Charlie.....
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    As soon as the dancefloor was clear - Tony had them rocking. I picked up a few tips like:- Never turn your lights on during Abba because your Denon will die and turn off.
    Don't know what happened with that....still bugs me now.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it Charlie.....

Don't know what happened with that....still bugs me now.
    The Cortex used to be funny like that. Unplugging or connecting items or USB leads would wipe it out. Don't know what cured it, perhaps it was an update of the software.

Learning curve, eh Charlie?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    The Cortex used to be funny like that. Unplugging or connecting items or USB leads would wipe it out. Don't know what cured it, perhaps it was an update of the software.
    I had been using this all night....it only happened when we flicked the switch for the lights.....

Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Sounds like a cracking night. All that alcohol, though, hope everyone behaved themselves!

I had been using this all night....it only happened when we flicked the switch for the lights.....

Could it be a power surge? Were you using surge protection, Tone?

If so, it does seem rather odd!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

The luck on Tony's face was priceless.

It said.."Charlie - What have you done now"

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Sounds like a cracking night. All that alcohol, though, hope everyone behaved themselves!

And I flatly refuse to be the one to do the Carry On joke.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    And I flatly refuse to be the one to do the Carry On joke.
    I tried to make that post as innuendo-less as I possibly could. I failed!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

It was....to be fair....Charlie stuck it out, I thought he would have beeen bored......you need to see to belive it.

I use power surge and trip connections.......so I don't know what went on.
    Spur maybe - hope that's the right spelling.

The luck on Tony's face was priceless.

It said.."Charlie - What have you done now"
    I really am lost with why it did that.......hey ho.

It was a bizarre, fascinating, interesting evening that I enjoyed thoroughly. I might talk Tony into coming down to one of my "Born Slippy" gigs - He can tell me where I'm going right and wrong.
    I meant to say Charlie......let me know the date, I would love to come and help.

It was....to be fair....Charlie stuck it out, I thought he would have beeen bored......you need to see to belive it.

I use power surge and trip connections.......so I don't know what went on.
    Spur maybe - hope that's the right spelling.

I really am lost with why it did that.......hey ho.

I meant to say Charlie......let me know the date, I would love to come and help.
    Really!? Smashing!

Well hopefully there is another one coming up in a Marquee. I asked for help ages ago...they come from all over the UK to meet. It's a monumental <forum censor activated - please edit your post><forum censor activated - please edit your post><forum censor activated - please edit your post><forum censor activated - please edit your post> up till early hours in the morning...real ravers.
    I ended up in hospital last time because I tripped over and fell on a bottle of beer. Still got the gash to this day.
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 07-06-2010 at 12:32 PM.