Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hi All

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspin View Post
    Welcome Kev.

Another Hull lad. Welcome its always nice to talk to other local djs. What kind of dj work do you do. Mobile or club.

It would be interesting to know because sometimes it would always be handy to know extra people with experience.
    I am national (have to be, because there's no money in Hull)
    I personally do club and mobile, but I've got freelancers doing mobile work as well.
    If I'm talking to much, tell me to shut up!!

The views expressed by this member are solely his own and are not connected with the company he is representing.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Me A DJ View Post
    there's no money in Hull
    It depends which market your targetting in Hull. Now my average quote lately has been £325.00. I still get a few wedding bookings from that.

at the lowest i will not do any wedding for less than £250.00. Anybody that wants a wedding for less. I will politely tell the customer that im unable to match their budget.

If people want someone cheaper there is always people out there that will do it cheaper.

Next month i have a few weddings booked in. Not one of them is below £350.00.

I originally didnt think there was money in Hull myself. But ive learnt that there is money here as well.

£325 ??? £250 ?????? nurse !, fetch the sedatives !!! try £80 - £150

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cowey (Soundscapes) View Post
    £325 ??? £250 ?????? nurse !, fetch the sedatives !!! try £80 - £150
    That's the general consensus I've been lead to believe.
    There are a few companies (and individuals) cutting there own throats in Hull and the surrounding areas and are going out for stupid amounts of money.
    Obviously, these "so called" Disco's don't know what PLI or ProDub is all about.
    I can name and shame but it's just unprofessional of me to do that.

As regards the rest of the UK I'll be interested to hear what the others charge in there area.

Twinspin, if there's any dates you can't do, give me a shout

The views expressed by this member are solely his own and are not connected with the company he is representing.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Me A DJ View Post

As regards the rest of the UK I'll be interested to hear what the others charge in there area.
    I thought you would have known that as you supply DJs nationwide?

Honestly. I wont lie to you.

When a client rings up and the first question on their mind is price with some. I get those calls too. But i will not give them a price immediately without knowing enough details about their wedding to be able to calculate a quote.

There are people in Hull that want discos for £80.00 / £150.00. The way to get more than that is not to bargain with them and charge what their charging.

I turn a blind eye to what other djs in Hull are charging for discos. The only way i find out is if someone says they can get it cheaper and the price the other quoted them.

Those that are hunting for a cheap disco. Let them find a cheap disco and tell them you cant do it for their set budget.

My understanding of some of the djs that work for peanuts do have public liability insurance. But only the minimum requirement of £1 million which gets them through the doors of a venue they can charge them a cheap price then.
    and they get their cheap as chips dj (Eighty Quid Eric) they are happy until the dj isnt up to standard.

Same as you Kev. Im not going to name these companies either for the same reasons but they know who they are so there is no need to name and shame.

For wedding gigs. I dont trade under Twinspin. The twinspin side of the business is just for any other function that requires a mobile dj service.

Hull Wedding Disco is my wedding dj business.

even if you dont get as many gigs charging more. Id rather be out charging £300.00+ per night than doing 2 nights at £150.00 each.

Sorry i dont want to sound bigheaded but ive made mistakes in the past and been out and done it working cheap and its just not worth it.

As for gigs im sure we could sort something out Kev between us.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I thought you would have known that as you supply DJs nationwide?
    We do, but it's down to the DJ's only.
    We don't set the price the DJ's quote us, but it's nice to know what the you guys charge so that we know if some of the DJ's on our books are taking the pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspin
    Hull Wedding Disco is my wedding dj business.

even if you dont get as many gigs charging more. Id rather be out charging £300.00+ per night than doing 2 nights at £150.00 each.

Sorry i dont want to sound bigheaded but ive made mistakes in the past and been out and done it working cheap and its just not worth it.

As for gigs im sure we could sort something out Kev between us.
    Ah, I had a feeling it was you operating under that name LOL

I was joking about the passing work over, but on a serious side, if you do need a hand we are only an email away.
    Same goes for if you need any extra lighting etc.

Kev.
    Last edited by Get Me A DJ; 22-06-2010 at 04:20 PM.