Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Glenskirlie Castle

Default Glenskirlie Castle

A heads up possibly on the venue lads? I'll do my usual homework, but the point of view from a fellow DJ is obviously priceless. I've been given a 45 minute window to setup also. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default Glenskirlie House & Castle

I have performed there 3 times in the last month.
    At the Castle you can get all your gear just outside the room ready for the meal ending. I wouldn't worry to much as the staff are so slow at changing the room around.. they take a full 45mins. But being practical the room is smallish.. so I just left 4 lights in the car to ensure I could set-up in less time.
    ps.
    If you are at the House then you could easily set-up in 30mins as it is straight in through the side entrance to the dancefloor. You can pre-set up all your gear outside ready to slide in - provided the weather is nice.
    All the best
    Lee
    Last edited by leelive; 11-06-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    I have performed there 3 times in the last month.
    At the Castle you can get all your gear just outside the room ready for the meal ending. I wouldn't worry to much as the staff are so slow at changing the room around.. they take a full 45mins. But being practical the room is smallish.. so I just left 4 lights in the car to ensure I could set-up in less time.
    ps.
    If you are at the House then you could easily set-up in 30mins as it is straight in through the side entrance to the dancefloor. You can pre-set up all your gear outside ready to slide in - provided the weather is nice.
    All the best
    Lee
    Thanks Lee, appreciate that . I'm in the castle, is it far from where you park to the room? any stairs?

Default Parking

You can park right outside the door. (Everyone else has to use the main car park though). No stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    You can park right outside the door. (Everyone else has to use the main car park though). No stairs.
    Cheers Lee