Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Health & Safety

I always tape my cables to the floor, out the way, and feel that my duty only extends to my staff & myself, the venue has a duty to ensure everyone has adequate H&S risks assesed. Also I need to ensure that lights, speakers etc are secure and wont fall on someones head, so as long as i have the aforementioned stuff then everything should be ok. We already have the smoking ban in place so the only real liklihood of fire within the area of responsibility would be an electrical one so as long as i do not use a water based fire extingusher then everything should be covered on my end
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow

Think you will find that taping cables will break a european H and S act. What if cable peels up,what if you mark the floor etc You need a platic cable matt designed to have trailing cables across the floor

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos
    What if the marquee has a curtain next to your gear,or a ladies dress catches fire,or a cable burns etc.
    Hopefully you would notice it beore the curtain caught or cable started acting like a fuse. What was the lady in the dress doing on your equipment anyway??
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve
    Hopefully you would notice it beore the curtain caught or cable started acting like a fuse. What was the lady in the dress doing on your equipment anyway??
    Leaning over my gear with a fag and drink, asking for" relight my fire".
    As for the curtain, i was in the toilet, thought i could smell something

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos
    If you need a fire extinguisher take the Large type so as to fire fight the venue, just incase
    I cannot agree to this one, i pay insuurance etc on my own gear - why should i need to take adequate fire extingushers for the venue??? Its up to them to provide that...

They have thier own H&S risk assessments etc, by all means if i am the hirer of the marquee etc then yes i would then take that precaution, but if i am hired to entertain then i will only ensure that my area is covered - does that sound selfish?
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lewnics
    I cannot agree to this one, i pay insuurance etc on my own gear - why should i need to take adequate fire extingushers for the venue??? Its up to them to provide that...

They have thier own H&S risk assessments etc, by all means if i am the hirer of the marquee etc then yes i would then take that precaution, but if i am hired to entertain then i will only ensure that my area is covered - does that sound selfish?
    I,m taliking tongue in cheek!

oh lol
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com

& I've been playing Devil's advocate
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Would we be liable if while dancing a person twisted their ankle that prevented them from working. After all we encouraged them to dance?
    OK I,LL GET MY COAT!

Strictly speaking, as long as you haven't said something along the lines of get up & strut your stuff or somesuch then playing music is not encouragement to dance :teeth: