Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Pack

Default Six Pack

We are pleased to announce the introduction of our weekly digital download pack 'Six Pack'. You can choose from a variety of genres and the price is rather attractive.

For a weekly price of £2.95 or monthly £9.95 there no reason not to be up to date with genre of your choice,

Please check it out.

www.cdpooldigital.com

Great idea, but it's a shame you can't mix n match the 6 tracks you want.

I had to nip out but I am going to comment along the same lines.

There are frequent thread on here about getting tracks pre-release legally, and in short it is nigh on impossible.

As a mobile jock, my customers will be listening to music ahead of release on Radio 1 and on Music Television. I can't buy those tracks ahead of release yet my customers download them illegally from limewire etc (a route which I refuse to go down).

When I was younger and doing bars and pubs I used the CD Pool service and it was very effective as this was a good way of distributing tracks nad you accepted that some would never get played.

Nowadays, I only buy the tracks that I want digitally so there is less waste.

I would happily sign up to a subscription model that
    - Let me choose the tracks I wanted either pre-release or old classics to pack out the collection. i play cross-genre and to all types of audience.
    - was priced reasonably (and i think 6 pack is, so lets work on that model), 24 tracks for £9.95 per months say, use them or lose them would actually encourage me to try new genres because i've already paid.
    - DRM free
    - 320k / wav download
    - I own the music and can legally play it to my customers.

I am watching closely all the download services as the right one will come along soon.

Good luck with 6 Pack.

I echo everything Dave said above.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I concur!

As do i.

BTW, a major rub of mine is an error you have in your FAQ....

Under "Do i need a licence to play music in my DJ work", you (rightly so) mention ProDub. However, your statement

If you are a laptop DJ working in the UK you will need to obtain the Pro-Dub licence from either PPL or PRS for Music.
    is wrong!

Ive had a couple of "discussions" with venues before who have been on the ball with ProDub, and i support it 100%, but i do not need the licence as i download directly to the HDD i use for my playout!

Its a major ballache of mine when the public is misinformed due to FAQs like yours, and through similar generic statements, and i can only see it getting worse as ProDub becomes more common knowledge.

I luckily had my phone with me a couple of weeks ago and could access the internet when a venue manager was refusing to let me set up because i was a laptop dj...but "didnt" have the licence, and he was under the impression that laptop djs MUST have ProDub (as your statement suggests)....im pleased that he was so on-the-ball, but it would have been a very different story had i not beed able to access the internet and correct him in his assumptions!
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

This is all great feedback. Six Pack is a very new service so we are always looking for ways to improve our services. Does anyone subscrube to Six Pack at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by CD Pool View Post
    This is all great feedback. Six Pack is a very new service so we are always looking for ways to improve our services. Does anyone subscrube to Six Pack at the moment?
    I subscribe to the Chart Six Pack.

Not any more, I let it lapse as the "hit" rate wasn't all that (I did get Chart & Indie for the first month)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Nope not subscribed as like all other dj pool type companies you dont cover regually the generes i work with 90% of teh time
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/