Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Pack

Hybrid View

Default Six Pack

We are pleased to announce the introduction of our weekly digital download pack 'Six Pack'. You can choose from a variety of genres and the price is rather attractive.

For a weekly price of £2.95 or monthly £9.95 there no reason not to be up to date with genre of your choice,

Please check it out.

www.cdpooldigital.com

Great idea, but it's a shame you can't mix n match the 6 tracks you want.

I had to nip out but I am going to comment along the same lines.

There are frequent thread on here about getting tracks pre-release legally, and in short it is nigh on impossible.

As a mobile jock, my customers will be listening to music ahead of release on Radio 1 and on Music Television. I can't buy those tracks ahead of release yet my customers download them illegally from limewire etc (a route which I refuse to go down).

When I was younger and doing bars and pubs I used the CD Pool service and it was very effective as this was a good way of distributing tracks nad you accepted that some would never get played.

Nowadays, I only buy the tracks that I want digitally so there is less waste.

I would happily sign up to a subscription model that
    - Let me choose the tracks I wanted either pre-release or old classics to pack out the collection. i play cross-genre and to all types of audience.
    - was priced reasonably (and i think 6 pack is, so lets work on that model), 24 tracks for £9.95 per months say, use them or lose them would actually encourage me to try new genres because i've already paid.
    - DRM free
    - 320k / wav download
    - I own the music and can legally play it to my customers.

I am watching closely all the download services as the right one will come along soon.

Good luck with 6 Pack.

I echo everything Dave said above.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    I had to nip out but I am going to comment along the same lines.

There are frequent thread on here about getting tracks pre-release legally, and in short it is nigh on impossible.

As a mobile jock, my customers will be listening to music ahead of release on Radio 1 and on Music Television. I can't buy those tracks ahead of release yet my customers download them illegally from limewire etc (a route which I refuse to go down).

When I was younger and doing bars and pubs I used the CD Pool service and it was very effective as this was a good way of distributing tracks nad you accepted that some would never get played.

Nowadays, I only buy the tracks that I want digitally so there is less waste.

I would happily sign up to a subscription model that
    - Let me choose the tracks I wanted either pre-release or old classics to pack out the collection. i play cross-genre and to all types of audience.
    - was priced reasonably (and i think 6 pack is, so lets work on that model), 24 tracks for £9.95 per months say, use them or lose them would actually encourage me to try new genres because i've already paid.
    - DRM free
    - 320k / wav download
    - I own the music and can legally play it to my customers.

I am watching closely all the download services as the right one will come along soon.

Good luck with 6 Pack.

Well Said Dave

I concur!

As do i.

BTW, a major rub of mine is an error you have in your FAQ....

Under "Do i need a licence to play music in my DJ work", you (rightly so) mention ProDub. However, your statement

If you are a laptop DJ working in the UK you will need to obtain the Pro-Dub licence from either PPL or PRS for Music.
    is wrong!

Ive had a couple of "discussions" with venues before who have been on the ball with ProDub, and i support it 100%, but i do not need the licence as i download directly to the HDD i use for my playout!

Its a major ballache of mine when the public is misinformed due to FAQs like yours, and through similar generic statements, and i can only see it getting worse as ProDub becomes more common knowledge.

I luckily had my phone with me a couple of weeks ago and could access the internet when a venue manager was refusing to let me set up because i was a laptop dj...but "didnt" have the licence, and he was under the impression that laptop djs MUST have ProDub (as your statement suggests)....im pleased that he was so on-the-ball, but it would have been a very different story had i not beed able to access the internet and correct him in his assumptions!
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Hi Dynamic Entertainment,

I have just done a little research into what you have said and yes you are correct if you download direct to your hard drive then that can cause I little discrepancy. I will advise an amendment to be made to our FAQ's.

Quote Originally Posted by CD Pool View Post
    Hi Dynamic Entertainment,

I have just done a little research into what you have said and yes you are correct if you download direct to your hard drive then that can cause I little discrepancy. I will advise an amendment to be made to our FAQ's.
    Thank you

Im sure i wont be the only one whos ran/runs into the situation explained as ProDub becomes more well known.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post

Ive had a couple of "discussions" with venues before who have been on the ball with ProDub, and i support it 100%, but i do not need the licence as i download directly to the HDD i use for my playout!
    Hi Steve - are you 100% sure your correct there?

What about your tracks that you ripped from your Cd collection to your hard drive?

Daley