Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customer changed venue

Default Customer changed venue

Have a booking for this Friday 18th customer has just rung to say venue has changed due to selling more tickets only problem it is now at Haynes Motor Museum Somerset and the rooms very large 15m x25m which means a lot of gear which i have not priced for,should i ask for extra money and risk loosing the gig or just bite the bullet and go with it.

If they've signed your contract for a certain venue etc you have everyright to making a higher quote due to the change in guests/venue.

If they cancel you either way you have a T and C stating within X amount of cancelling the full amount is due?
    Nathan.

Add the extra money!
    Youll need a bigger PA maybe bass bins
    Maybe a Roadie!
    cheers

DAVESOUNDS
    DAVESOUNDS DISCO PUBLIC ADDRESS & PAT TESTING SERVICES BASED IN WAKEFIELD

"It didnt do that the last time i plugged it in!"

http://www.davesounds.co.uk/

I'm thinking Mr.Wilson is bang on the mark, somewhat of a win win situation for you here, if indeed you do have all the relevant paperwork signed.

One of my wedding couples in Septmber recently emailed, said their venue had changed and could I still DJ for them.

The new venue is 20mins closer to my house and a new venue so hopefully lead to more work.

Again win win time
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by DAVESOUNDS SERVICES View Post
    Add the extra money!
    Youll need a bigger PA maybe bass bins
    Maybe a Roadie!
    cheers

DAVESOUNDS

If they're selling more tickets then they're making more profit so why should you not re-quote for a larger venue. If Robbie Williams was playing at your local and the landlord sold tickets 100 fold and moved the gig to Wembly I'm sure Robbie would want more money.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    If they've signed your contract for a certain venue etc you have everyright to making a higher quote due to the change in guests/venue.
    Agreed.

However, this really should have been brought up & discussed with the client when they phoned him to give the amended venue details.

I think it will be much harder going back to them afterwards to try & get more money.

Thanks for the advice it was a bit tricky as i get a lot of work from the client we sort of met halfway and they are going to give me £ 50 extra to pay for another roadie ,gear is not a problem so all parties happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Thanks for the advice it was a bit tricky as i get a lot of work from the client we sort of met halfway and they are going to give me £ 50 extra to pay for another roadie ,gear is not a problem so all parties happy.
    All's well that ends well. I think I'd still issue a new contract stating the change of venue and the agreed additional fee.