Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontage.......

Default Frontage.......

Had a first time customer call me today looking to book a wedding disco. She mentioned to me her friend was "raving" about a dj at her wedding and so she had a look on the facebook photos. The reason why she didnt book that dj is because on the first dance photo all you could see is massive badges on the equipment and the disco name "plastered" all over the place.

Food for thought for some of you that use company named frontage
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    Had a first time customer call me today looking to book a wedding disco. She mentioned to me her friend was "raving" about a dj at her wedding and so she had a look on the facebook photos. The reason why she didnt book that dj is because on the first dance photo all you could see is massive badges on the equipment and the disco name "plastered" all over the place.

Food for thought for some of you that use company named frontage
    Indeed.

Having a sign written front helped me build my business for over 15 years.

Times change, but don't write things like this off, just because others don't like it or other DJs say it's wrong.

When I set up I had a sign written front built, but the only events I use it at are kids parties, I have to admit it works well, but I wouldn't take it to anything else and certainly not something as formal as a wedding.

I am thinking about getting one of those LED scrollers to fix above my light rig though.

JTRS

Quote Originally Posted by JoinToReadSucks View Post
    I am thinking about getting one of those LED scrollers to fix above my light rig though.
    And I'm just about to list a very good one for sale this very afternoon, so watch the For Sale thread

I have 6 pieces of 4' by 2' ply fixed together in a concertina style with piano hinges and then a star cloth draped over that. It's a nice height to hide the back of my equipment and stops people putting drink over the top. It also fold flat to about 3" for easy storage and transporting. A good solid stable frontage.

I prefer a frontage which doesnt advertise my disco on the front as well. I used to have this. But i stopped advertising on the front about 4 years ago now and would never go back.

I used to thought it was a good way of getting business people knowing the name of the business but now i think it looks more professional without.

Standard star cloth or black cloth is alot better these days - signage on the front is just "cheese" and unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by notroubleclubber View Post
    Standard star cloth or black cloth is alot better these days - signage on the front is just "cheese" and unprofessional.
    No It's not - it's what it is and how it's presented - I have one frontage which is just the gold logo on black, and another that is the logo is silver again on the black background - each simple logo is 15" x 15" in the centre of a 6ft long and roughly 3 and a half foot high console - it neither looks cheesy or unprofessional
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Quote Originally Posted by simonp View Post
    No It's not - it's what it is and how it's presented - I have one frontage which is just the gold logo on black, and another that is the logo is silver again on the black background - each simple logo is 15" x 15" in the centre of a 6ft long and roughly 3 and a half foot high console - it neither looks cheesy or unprofessional
    If it's just a logo, then I agree with you...although it's not going to get you any more work, as people wont know your business name or details.

However, with banners or frontages with business names, phone numbers, website details, email details etc, then I agree with the people who have suggested that is over the top, unprofessional & too in your face.

Ok, i generally agree that frontages posing as giant business cards are a no-no...and i have done it in the past. I cringe when i think what my frontage looked like. So home-made and tacky.

Just to take it off on a tangent (sort of), what aboyt putting business cards on tables?

The reason i ask is that ive seen plenty of caterers in the past have the odd few business cards placed on the buffet table. But the last few gigs has seen them do that, and put them on each table and the bar area...
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.