Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frontage.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    Ok, i generally agree that frontages posing as giant business cards are a no-no...and i have done it in the past. I cringe when i think what my frontage looked like. So home-made and tacky.

Just to take it off on a tangent (sort of), what aboyt putting business cards on tables?

The reason i ask is that ive seen plenty of caterers in the past have the odd few business cards placed on the buffet table. But the last few gigs has seen them do that, and put them on each table and the bar area...
    I bought a few of those display holders you see at hotel receptions, at the start of each event I do I put one on all the tables, the display holder holds a double sided laminated flyer introducing me as the DJ and inviting requests and the base of it holds business cards. the flyer invites guests to take a card and also to text me with requests throughout the evening.

Most nights I do notice that quite a few cards have been taken.

I like this idea because the cards that are not taken are never spoilt by beer or creased and the flyer gives them a reason to be on every table.

JTRS

Quote Originally Posted by JoinToReadSucks View Post
    I bought a few of those display holders you see at hotel receptions, at the start of each event I do I put one on all the tables, the display holder holds a double sided laminated flyer introducing me as the DJ and inviting requests and the base of it holds business cards. the flyer invites guests to take a card and also to text me with requests throughout the evening.
    That's a cracking idea. I leave request slips and pens on the tables and on the bar (which carry all of my contact details), but I typically find that I get about 10-15 handed in each night and of the other 80 or so I put on the tables I reckon about 5 get taken home and the rest go in the bin when the venue clear up. I also never get any of the pens back (but then I buy them in bulk at <1p each so it's no big loss. I was wondering about getting pens made up with my business details on for people to "distribute" but it worked out very expensive with the amount I get through

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by simonp View Post
    No It's not - it's what it is and how it's presented - I have one frontage which is just the gold logo on black, and another that is the logo is silver again on the black background - each simple logo is 15" x 15" in the centre of a 6ft long and roughly 3 and a half foot high console - it neither looks cheesy or unprofessional

Nobody is gonna notice that with 40 moving heads blinding them
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I dont put my cards on tables during the gigs. The last time i tried that my cards were used as paper aeroplanes So i didnt bother doing it again. I just keep the cards in my pocket. If anyone asks me ill happily give them a card.