Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Websites

Quote Originally Posted by abyssdjhire
    lol its ok, i got it anyway i was just continuing the sarcasm... although neon-flex does look good in the right place, which needless to say isnt around a home made sign reading "super good discos"
    Are you knocking off my home make sign:teeth:
    Last edited by Jiggles; 10-01-2007 at 09:05 PM.

what do we class as "professional and not budget ".Are we talking the cost of the gear, the make,what it does? Do we class high end club lighting as professional and mobile dj lights as budjet? I use two soundlab LED mood bars , only cost £400 so they are really budget lights, but they look really professional(imo). Now compared to some club lighting if put side by side i guess they would look pretty naff. Interesting point though.

A lot of that is very true, Paul! .... and the other thing: all the kit people mention on here is termed as either 'budget' or 'high end'...... is there nothing in between??????????

I think the fact that they cost £400 would put them above the "budget" Level- and also because they are used by some of the top performers around (that'll be me then!) and get great comments from audiences.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

I guess its a case of do they do the job that they are intended to do. If so then i dont see where this professional/budget comes into it. After all i,m yet to have a client say " um i wish your lights were more professional".I can see the point if its poorly made DIY lights, but then i,m sure most of us , if we did make DIY lights would know if they looked naff or not

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    I think the fact that they cost £400 would put them above the "budget" Level- and also because they are used by some of the top performers around (that'll be me then!) and get great comments from audiences.
    Have to say, likewise, i get comments all the time about the mood bars, and believe it or not, my el cheapo bob junior lights that cost me £15 a pair on ebay,(now that is budget)
    But really, £400 is budget compared to the cost of some high end gear. Also my laser, cost £200, looks good but nothing compared to the ones that cost £10.000.

Yeah but no mobile DJ can ever justify paying £10000 for anything.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    Yeah but no mobile DJ can ever justify paying £10000 for anything.
    Agreed, but this takes us back to the point of what is professional and what is budget. Is £50 budget, is £500 budget.
    We all spend our money on the best that we can afford i,m sure. So as long as it does the job,the client is happy, who cares what it costs, as long as you are happy with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Thames Valley Discos
    Agreed, but this takes us back to the point of what is professional and what is budget. Is £50 budget, is £500 budget.
    We all spend our money on the best that we can afford i,m sure. So as long as it does the job,the client is happy, who cares what it costs, as long as you are happy with it!
    And dosent cost a fortune to run it!

Quote Originally Posted by cddiscos
    Are you knocking off my home make sign:teeth:
    no not at all... i cant find an example of what i mean without directly knocking someone, so i wont bother... but no thats not what i meant.

either way you look at it, whether someones using budget gear or top notch stuff, theres always the possibility that they could be a completely ****e dj, or of course the opposite.

what it really comes down to is the dj him/herself... but only to an extent. theres only so far that you can go using cheap gear before someone says "your cheap gear makes you crap" and its correct.

at the same time as that though, on the other hand, people know that when they hire a mobile dj, disco, whatever you want to call it, that theyre not hiring out a state of the art, well know nightclub. to a degree, they expect "make do" equipment, etc.

the thing is, a lot of "budget" equipment now has turned into some decent stuff... ok it will never be as good as the high end equipment, but to joe public, its very professional looking, very expensive looking, and they enjoy it at their party or whatever the event is.