Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portfolio/Brochure?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester Ben View Post
    I've never bothered, however I do have a folder of pictures, thank you cards, PAT and PLI certs that I take to client meetings with me.

Also pictures on my phone works well, I met a guy at a venue yesterday for example who was tempted by purple uplighting, I was able to find a picture on my phone of an event with purple uplighting and he added it to his booking straight away.

Simples :-)

An I Pad would be good for this also I think
    At last - a good excuse to buy an iPad! I knew I wanted one, I just couldn't figure out what I wanted one for. All I need to do now is convince the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    Does anyone have one of these for their business?

Say have like 8 pages, couple about the main disco, others about add on services etc... complete with pictures etc???

If you don't have you thought about doing so? Reasons??

If you do how did you design it etc???? Costs? Strike rates? etc....

Sorry for asking all the questions guys just need to hit the ground running in a couple of weeks...
    Hi Neil, I think this depends on your business plan as regards acquisition methods for new business.

Are you going to have a stong Internet selling presence being email, phone and text or a more face to face approach by having meetings with Hotels and Conference Venues? or maybe both

If its Internet only (like here) I would be tempted to put most of your effort into your Website which can easily hold all the things required including vid clips, photos etc and as someone said, if you have an ipad you can use the website as a selling tool in your hand

If you were doing loads of client meetings to quote for NEW business (Corporate or otherwise) then yes I can see the advantage of a lot of paper as demonstrated by Darren and Paul.

I guess you need to focus on your business acquisition methods firstly then work off that, have you approached Business Link for free consultations---brilliant.

Good luck with it

ALAN

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

This is something I'm looking to have done at the moment as well. I was thinking around 6 pages (+covers) A5 would be about right. I think some people still prefer to have something physical, rather than look at everything online.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    At last - a good excuse to buy an iPad! I knew I wanted one, I just couldn't figure out what I wanted one for. All I need to do now is convince the wife.
    yep would look good if people ask that you come across too pull that out and show them a video or two.

a two page a4 sheet has always worked well for me. Lots of good pics.
    I have a colour laser printer so costs nothing.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I went down this road a couple of years ago and had 4 variations on the standard brochure - all sharing mostly similar graphics etc. but subtly different for the markets:

- general discos
    - weddings
    - civil partnerships
    - hotel entertainment

I had limited runs of 100 of each produced to see how they went. Since then I've advertised them on my website and put them in stands at public events and even a wedding fayre/fair/fare.

I've just flicked through the remnants and I have about 95 of each left

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    This is something I'm looking to have done at the moment as well. I was thinking around 6 pages (+covers) A5 would be about right. I think some people still prefer to have something physical, rather than look at everything online.
    Depends on your style of business--if its totally online then the clients who prefer this approach will be perfectly happy with Web / Internet offerings.

Thats my experience anyway--Brochures and CDs sent in the post died here some years ago when the Internet took over.

A welcome relief and a cost saving because most of the Brochures CDs clearly got binned because people say---oh yes let me have one to look at

I had a batch of tri-fold brochures made up a couple of years ago for a wedding fayre I did. They were high gloss, full colour brochures which I actually quite liked the design of.... until someone told me they resembled a take away menu!

I have looked at doing a small a5 single-fold brochure but that has been put on hold for a little while we sort out where we're going with the wedding side of things.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Depends on your style of business--if its totally online then the clients who prefer this approach will be perfectly happy with Web / Internet offerings.
    But surely there's no harm in also trying to pitch at people who don't?
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Yes as you said Alan at the moment I need to open up all avenues and means of gaining more work and naturally with time it'll narrow down abit more but like Dan has said I would imagine theres people out there that would prefer something to look in the "flesh" so to speak rather than on an pc monitor.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk