Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Quick review of last nights gig

Default Quick review of last nights gig

No essays from me today folks (**a sigh of relief sweeps the forum**)...

I'm cream crackered...a tough week but very profitable.

Last night - Wedding in a Marquee powered by a generator (I never trust them but it was fine all night).

Very posh wedding (apparently there was a 'celebrity' there but I didn't see who it was)....no expense spared on this one.

Set up in the morning - Background music all day via the Bride & Groom's I-Pod through the system (Jazz and Piano music).

I started after their coffee's at 9.30pm and finished at 11.30pm.

Great night, 140 guests and over half of them dancing solidly for the 2 hours. I had a strict setlist which featured the likes of Motown & Disco (Bride) and Rock & Indie (Groom)...No cheese, No Chart stuff etc...It worked really well.
    Song of the night by a mile was 'Sex on Fire'.

Got asked for cards by a number of guests. The Bride's mum (possibly the most well spoken and poshest lady I have ever met) seems to have quite a high standing in the area and she was over the moon with the whole service I provided and said that she would recommend me to everyone.

That's it!
    G

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

Last night - Wedding in a Marquee powered by a generator (I never trust them but it was fine all night).

Very posh wedding (apparently there was a 'celebrity' there but I didn't see who it was)....no expense spared on this one.

Set up in the morning - Background music all day via the Bride & Groom's I-Pod through the system (Jazz and Piano music).

Great night, 140 guests and over half of them dancing solidly for the 2 hours. I had a strict setlist which featured the likes of Motown & Disco (Bride) and Rock & Indie (Groom)...No cheese, No Chart stuff etc...It worked really well.

Got asked for cards by a number of guests. The Bride's mum (possibly the most well spoken and poshest lady I have ever met) seems to have quite a high standing in the area and she was over the moon with the whole service I provided and said that she would recommend me to everyone.

That's it!
    G
    Where's part the second? I feel sadly shortchanged.
    Nice one mate, glad it went well. Re Generators, the famous Class D speaker stack logic applies- "The bigger the better ".
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

(apparently there was a 'celebrity' there but I didn't see who it was
    I decided not to bother you.

Glad it went well, Gary.

That's it!
    G
    Well that's done my egg timing in
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Im gutted for once, I come on here for your weekend review and I'm finished within a matter of minutes!

I genuinely do look forward to reading your post every week, but this week I just feel like something is missing...

Maybe a few more paragraphs!
    JDB Events - Making your event Buzz!
    www.jdb-events.co.uk
    www.hirepartydancefloors.co.uk