Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Broomhill Hotel, Northampton

Default Broomhill Hotel, Northampton

Hi all,

Has anyone gigged at Broomhill Hotel in Northampton? I've got a Year 13 prom for an all girls school (tough job, but somebody's gotta do it! ).

Just wondered what the get in is like?

Cheers!
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

Quote Originally Posted by OllieJames View Post
    Hi all,

Has anyone gigged at Broomhill Hotel in Northampton? I've got a Year 13 prom for an all girls school (tough job, but somebody's gotta do it! ).

Just wondered what the get in is like?

Cheers!
    I would imagine its probably in the marquee. Should be major problems although if memory serves me right its a cobbled path to the marquee so trolleys are out of the question.

Distance wise, 20 feet from the car down a path and then lug it to the far end of the marquee.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Yeah I play it a lot, depending on where you setup you have to deal with either a low ceiling either side or a narrow setup between the wall and dancefloor (wooden planks) the whole marque is over paving slabs as well so the floor is good for a marque but still eneven. And as James said the carry in is quite long but they have a trolley with pnumatic tyres that go over the path and you can borrow it normally.

P.S for a small venue it takes a lot of power due to being a marque so watch those clip lights.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ James Lake View Post
    I would imagine its probably in the marquee. Should be major problems although if memory serves me right its a cobbled path to the marquee so trolleys are out of the question.

Distance wise, 20 feet from the car down a path and then lug it to the far end of the marquee.
    Quote Originally Posted by spin mobile disco View Post
    Yeah I play it a lot, depending on where you setup you have to deal with either a low ceiling either side or a narrow setup between the wall and dancefloor (wooden planks) the whole marque is over paving slabs as well so the floor is good for a marque but still eneven. And as James said the carry in is quite long but they have a trolley with pnumatic tyres that go over the path and you can borrow it normally.

P.S for a small venue it takes a lot of power due to being a marque so watch those clip lights.
    Excellent - thanks for the info guys, just what I was after!
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

Will be curious to see if they have removed the green mildue from all over the marquee, last time I was there it looked really scruffy
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Quote Originally Posted by DJ James Lake View Post
    Will be curious to see if they have removed the green mildue from all over the marquee, last time I was there it looked really scruffy
    Haha! Well, I'll let you know! By the way - I got all the PAT stuff in the post OK.
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

Quote Originally Posted by OllieJames View Post
    Haha! Well, I'll let you know! By the way - I got all the PAT stuff in the post OK.
    Cool was going to call you tomorrow to double check
    -----