Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100V Setup

Default 100V Setup

I'm currently involved with a project to start a school radio station. When I say radio, I don't mean FM, I just mean speakers placed around the school.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone could explain to me the meaning of a 100V setup. From my understanding its what restaurants, shops etc. use. They have a zone amplifier going off to different speakers in different zones. If someone could clarify this, that would be great!

We basically want to run some small speakers around the social areas within the school, would 100V speakers do this for us?

Hi,yes a 100v line speaker has a transformer built in which means you can have the speakers all round the school as they only get connected by simple pair of wires (bit like bell wire) and distance is not a problem and it is very cheap.Have a look in the CPC bible as you will need 100v line amp some have mixer built in and there is gear so you can have zones. speakers come in all formats from simple ceiling to box types and can be very discreet and the wiring can be installed very quickly just tack it to skirting and architraves with small cable clips.Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Hi,yes a 100v line speaker has a transformer built in which means you can have the speakers all round the school as they only get connected by simple pair of wires (bit like bell wire) and distance is not a problem and it is very cheap.Have a look in the CPC bible as you will need 100v line amp some have mixer built in and there is gear so you can have zones. speakers come in all formats from simple ceiling to box types and can be very discreet and the wiring can be installed very quickly just tack it to skirting and architraves with small cable clips.Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help guys - Very informative! I now roughly understand whats going on.

Thanks again.

Be careful,
    Tesco played music through their in store PA system at Christmas, and the quality was arful

Try before you buy

"Let your ears be the judge"

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    and the quality was arful
    That's what happens when you employ bodgers & "dodgers" ?

The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Those systems are really intended for announcements like

"Would Sid contact 437"

Max, With the right system it wont sound terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    Those systems are really intended for announcements like

"Would Sid contact 437"
    One doesn't go to Tesco's to critique the sound reinforcement. You talk so much breeze it's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
    One doesn't go to Tesco's to critique the sound reinforcement. You talk so much breeze it's unbelievable.
    Go and have a listen for yourself then

I think you'll notice they're in most shops, and don't sound great