Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Venue database problem

Default Venue database problem

I'm trying to add some information to a venue in the database saying that its changed its name, but I keep getting the message "You can only type in letters, numbers and full stops in the above box. Do not enter a carriage return as it will be stopped."

I WAS only typing letters, numbers & full stops, and didn't enter a carriage return...but it still wouldn't accept my entry.

Can anyone tell me why?

Make sure that you are not using quotation marks or apostrophes too. It is set up in that way as it allows people externally to add comments. It is to stop spammers or anyone trying to do something malicous to the site.

Thanks for the reply, Richie, but I'm still having no luck.

This is a straight cut & paste of what I typed: This venue has recently changed its name to the HG Wells.

I then typed the two words in the verification section with a space between them, but still got the same message about only being able to type letters numbers & full stops.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Which venue is it you're trying to add the extra comments to. I'll have a look too.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    Which venue is it you're trying to add the extra comments to. I'll have a look too.
    The Drill in Worcester Park (In the South East section)

The comments were submitted and were waiting to be validated, so everything appears to be working fine. We really could do with some sort of "confirmation" being displayed to notify that the comment has indeed been sent though, as it's misleading and confusing as it currently is. Maybe this is something Richie can look into during the next update.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

p.s: I've validated your additional comments in the venue and also changes the name to HG Wells (formerly 'The Drill')

Thanks for the clarification, Shaun.

I had no idea that my comments were going through into the system, I just thought they were being rejected, but couldn't work out why.

Some sort of confirmation would certainly make things less confusing.