Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Email

Default Email

Email has revolutionised my and a lot of other people's business I'm sure, but one thing that really annoys me is when people completely ignore direct questions and don't give you an answer and you have to email again, asking the same question and you feel like you're hassling people by doing so.

i share your pain. it seems like you are ****** in the wind sometimes.

I do find though, that if some people send you an email about something they assume that it will / has been done. what it doesn't consider of course if peoples workload and ability to do the job in hand.

Also I find that if people do not have an effective way of managing their tasks, emails tend to, unintentionally get forgotten.

That happens all the time

You ask them 3 simple questions, they selectively answer, avoiding the main thing.

Is this relating to a certain e-mail..... ....I did reply but i'm am really under the cosh right now - taking cannon fire from all angles.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Is this relating to a certain e-mail..... ...
    No, nothing to do with that Tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    No, nothing to do with that Tone.
    OK -

In which case I agree with you......bleedy fools...
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

The one thing I hate about email is when people expect idle chit-chat back and forward. If you don't ask me a specific question (not including "how are you") then don't expect a reply. I hate endless email tennis when neither party is sure when to just let it die....same goes for texting.

I don't use email other than for customers to submit a play list.

Anything else I do by phone

JTRS

Quote Originally Posted by JoinToReadSucks View Post
    I don't use email other than for customers to submit a play list.

Anything else I do by phone

JTRS

Interesting comment.

There is a definite breed of customer who dislike using the phone, or will tolerate being contacted verbally but who would much rather you didn't.

Otherwise why would website contact forms be so popular when there's invariably a huge phone number splattered across the page near it?
    They're not just used out-of-hours...

I must admit that in the real world I'm one of those people ... if I can get away with not making a phone call, I will. I don't know why this is - maybe it's a throwback to my shy teens years

Anyway, my point is that you may be alienating customers/potentials by taking this stance.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    I must admit that in the real world I'm one of those people ... if I can get away with not making a phone call, I will. I don't know why this is
    Interesting...because I'm the complete opposite.

I'd MUCH rather speak to a real person on the phone than send an email & wonder when/if they'd ever reply.

I guess it's because I'm a people person (so I've been told many times) and I love chatting to people (like I do most nights of the week), whereas I don't like sending emails at all. It's so impersonal & boring.