Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New ADJ Comscans

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Mobile jocks will spend £1K on 1pc scanner?

I know I'd spend £500-£700 on 1pc LED lighting fixture. A little dicky bird tell's me there's going to be a big 60W LED scanner coming out soon

Neil.
    keep up man these have been out for a while http://www.theaudioworksuk.com/index...ving-head.html

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    Or £500 - £700 on a pair of fixtures ....

These are cheap and cheerful but actually look fairly decent for quick show. I just can't see that they would give my anything that my EFX500 would give me in terms of coverage

Look at the video featuring good ol Brian S Redd. The movement is actually very smooth and you can't say that about dynamos
    YouTube- Brian Looks At The Comscan LED System from American DJ

A 60w LED scanner! .. tell us what you know. What features does it have ?
    Comparing them with a Martin EFX500 is rather pointless look at the cost comparisons,look at the size and the amount of space it takes up on your rig and lastly the running cost also the Martin has very poor optics and not very bright for the money when comparing lighting brightness its the amount of lumens that count just because a led is 60w does not mean it is brighter than say a 30w led its light output that counts thats why video projectors tend to use HID lamps high lumen count and clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by flatliners View Post
    keep up man these have been out for a while http://www.theaudioworksuk.com/index...ving-head.html
    £899 That's too expensive for most mobile jocks. Our's are getting pushed out for just £450, that's half the cost of the Chavet Q Spot 260 Our 60W scanners are smaller in size but users can grab them for half of what Chavet are charging and our scanners are more compact and portable. Their Q Spot 260's are really nice and may offer slightly more to our scanners but wonder what people are more inclined to purchasing

Neil............

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    £899 That's too expensive for most mobile jocks. Our's are getting pushed out for just £450, that's half the cost of the Chavet Q Spot 260 Our 60W scanners are smaller in size but users can grab them for half of what Chavet are charging and our scanners are more compact and portable. Their Q Spot 260's are really nice and may offer slightly more to our scanners but wonder what people are more inclined to purchasing

Neil............
    Could you let everybody know what is the lumen output on these 60w led scanners because thats what really counts ,see my previous post is there a spec sheet for them or is it to early to post .

Description:

The Mirage Preditor is an extemely powerful compact LED disco/nightclub scanner utilising a 60W white LED light source with seperate colour and gobo wheel's, a 3-facet prism and rotating gobo's for stunning visual effects.

Extreme output:

The Terminator is currently regarded as the most intense and most dynamic LED scanner, this beast of an LED scanner boasts unrivalled brightness from the single 60W white LED light source. The superb optics guarantee's fantasticly sharp beams and gobo's complimented with maximum optical efficiency. The highest quality stepper motors are implemented into the fixture to maximise beautifully even beams with smooth and rich colour distribution and a multi layered dichroic reflector to minimise thermal stress.

Easy maintenance and low noise formula:

A number of mechanical and design factor's utilised to reduce noise emission's for the quietest of venues. A very well laid out fixture to ensure easy access to part's and easy to clean and service.

Specification's:

Light source: 1pc 60W white LED.
    Luminous output: 4500LM
    Colour temperature: 6000K
    Protocol: USITT DMX512
    DMX channels: 12
    Gobo wheel: 7 rotating gobo's + open + shake
    Colour wheel: 7
    Rotating prism: 3-facet
    Operational modes: DMX512, master/slave & sound to light
    Dimming: 0-100%
    Focussing: Manual
    Fully controllable strobing: 1-10fps
    X/Y movement: Pan: 180°
    Tilt: 60°
    Display: 4-button menu system with an LED display for ease of use
    LED life: 100,000hrs
    Approval's: RoHS, CE
    Included accessories: User manual, hanging bracet, IEC lead
    Optional accessories: Flightcase
    Voltage: AC100-250V, 50/60Hz
    Fuse: 2A
    Power consumption: 80W
    Weight: 10Kg

--------------------------------------------------

The future's bright - welcome to Mirage

Neil.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Id spend a grand on a light if its good quality depends on the make. Im a firm believer of the words you get what you pay for.

Either buy advertising space or stop trying to advertise.

No warning next time.

Admin
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 04-07-2010 at 06:23 PM.

I m in the same dillema myself, concering the COMSCANS.

I had them demo-ed in my local ADJ dealer and although its a compact scanner, lightweight and brighter than an Revo 4, i dont know how a 10W led source can handle an outdoor gig. On youtube they look bright, but you cant buy 800 quid worth of equipment based on a youtube video.

Trying to decide which scanner will cover me better in an outdoor wedding event with plenty of ambient lighting around :

2 x stairville SC250 (HID) 700euros for two units
    4 x comscans 720euros for 4 units
    or 4 x Dynamo 250W ELC 619euros including cables and a DMX?

any opinions???

Possibly buying a pair of Comscans this week, has anyone got these, and recommend?

i use 4 adj x scan led scanners,the early one with the 10w led and can't really fault them,often used with an efx500 and they hold their own.

www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member