Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the Best Vocal Effects Processor for a Mic in a Karaoke Set up ??

Default What is the Best Vocal Effects Processor for a Mic in a Karaoke Set up ??

Hi
    Stuck on the Vocal Processor to purchase
    MidiVerb??

Thanks John
    http://www.101services.com
    DIGITAL HEART - VINYL SOUL

I tend to use reverb and delay effects built into my mixers. Never tried a separate effects processor, although I was always intrigued by something I saw described as an "aural exciter with big bottom". I can't remember who the manufacturer was as this was some time ago in my band days.

Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    I tend to use reverb and delay effects built into my mixers. Never tried a separate effects processor, although I was always intrigued by something I saw described as an "aural exciter with big bottom". I can't remember who the manufacturer was as this was some time ago in my band days.
    DBX

I have used one of those before but only on drums not vocals.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Best vocal effect for many of the singers I've heard, would be the Mute button.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    You've obviously been to seen me live too!

Quote Originally Posted by 1878blues View Post
    Hi
    Stuck on the Vocal Processor to purchase
    MidiVerb??

Thanks John
    http://www.101services.com
    John .... I too now use the inbuilt fx on my desk, but I still have a Zoom RFX 1100 which is a nice little unit i use when I perform via a borrowed Fender Passport system that has no effects built in.

Zoom unit isn't too expensive either, if you can find 'em, and rack mountable... which is nice.

Or, if you've got a few more bob knocking around, I've heard good things from the TC Helicon VoiceTone Create (although unsure if this can be set up to send effects to several channels - only seen it in use for solo vocalist.)

Give it a google. I have the sister 'Tone Correct' unit and that's a great bit of kit.

CON: not rack mountable without adaptaption.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Jonny Boy; 02-07-2010 at 09:24 AM.

As others here probably know, I'm quite an advocate of VocoPro products (not as much as Martin and his Apple Mac's, though!). The VSP-M1 could be just what you are looking for and the Vocal Harmonizer function adds a new depth to karaoke singers and is better at covering up slight errors in a singers performance than reverb alone.

A linky:

VocoPro VSP-M1

Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Or noise-cancelling headphones ?
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    "aural exciter with big bottom". I can't remember who the manufacturer
    The manufacturer for this machine is Aphex and I think the guy's on about the Aphex 204 which is certainly a very powerful piece of rack mountable kit
    I used to use the Aphex 204 in my recording studio and it added plenty of sparkle to the top end and loads of bass. Quite a lightweight processor - nothing back breaking And is only 1U in height I think if I remember rightly. I decided to get rid of it a few years ago and the only downside to the machine is it tend's to make your sound sound a bit too processed and not natural. It basically play's around with the high (top end) and low (bass) frequencies but like I said, it tend's to make your mic sound a bit too processed and unnatural IMHO. If you can go to a local dealer to test drive it with your mic, go for it, you might think it'll work best for you I think 4-5 year's ago when I bought mine, I think they were retailing for around £300, might of gone up sinse but do a Google search for an Aphex Aural exciter and Big Bottom.

Best of luck and I hope this help's

Neil.

3 channel mike mixer > DBX 286A > ALESIS MICROVERB 4
    Sounds very good IMO.

bought a midiverb and it was terrible, so much noise and feedback, made an already terrible vocal unbearable