Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Ogston Sailing Club....

Default Ogston Sailing Club....

Well after speaking to a client 2months ago and got the normal reply "We'll be in touch" i thought i had actually not got the booking, untill today booked signed sealed .

So i was wondering if anyone had actually been/played at this venue and if so what is the access like etc etc. I'm planning on hopefully making a trip down there to have a quick check like i normally do but the booking isn't till 21st August,

It's going to be a funny gig as its a joint 40th from 7:30 - 11:30 but for the first hour they want background music (while guests mingle etc) then they are having a Salsa lesson for 1hr - 1hr.30mins as they are good friends with a salsa teacher after having some lessons beforehand, then they want me to play best thing is the Salsa teacher is going to bring his own pa/setup etc

So anyway any help/advice etc would be very greatfull

Cheers Dave

P.s. Here is a link to the place

http://www.ogstonsc.org.uk/
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Well after speaking to a client 2months ago and got the normal reply "We'll be in touch" i thought i had actually not got the booking, untill today booked signed sealed .

So i was wondering if anyone had actually been/played at this venue and if so what is the access like etc etc. I'm planning on hopefully making a trip down there to have a quick check like i normally do but the booking isn't till 21st August,

It's going to be a funny gig as its a joint 40th from 7:30 - 11:30 but for the first hour they want background music (while guests mingle etc) then they are having a Salsa lesson for 1hr - 1hr.30mins as they are good friends with a salsa teacher after having some lessons beforehand, then they want me to play best thing is the Salsa teacher is going to bring his own pa/setup etc

Cheers Dave

Naturally dont know that venue however.......

When ive done shows with a Salsa teacher they've often wanted more stuff to salsa too, mainly latin sounding stuff but hips dont lie, mas que nada, ricky martin etc.. so make sure you got some stuff like that
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Naturally dont know that venue however.......

When ive done shows with a Salsa teacher they've often wanted more stuff to salsa too, mainly latin sounding stuff but hips dont lie, mas que nada, ricky martin etc.. so make sure you got some stuff like that
    Yeah i was wondering that myself but if he/she is a full time teacher i was expecting them to have everything they need as when i spoke to the client and asked if the teacher would use my pa or would they be supplying there own the response i got was "For the amount were paying them they will bring there own", but ill make sure i have plenty of backup just incase

Cheers Dave
    Dave

Cheers Dave

Funny I had a phonecall this week about a very same gig

I'm already doing a Wedding that day so couldn't do it so passed it Sams way. He quoted but they obviously didn't like his fee

Usual advice ask the client what they want, just because they're having a Salsa lesson doesn't mean they want that all night.

Make sure you've got your PLI & PAT with you as some of this type of venue won't let you in without seeing a copy on the night.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Yeah i was wondering that myself but if he/she is a full time teacher i was expecting them to have everything they need as when i spoke to the client and asked if the teacher would use my pa or would they be supplying there own the response i got was "For the amount were paying them they will bring there own", but ill make sure i have plenty of backup just incase

Cheers Dave
    If poss, I'd speak to said teacher, and see what they wish/intend to do. I can foresee the scenario where teacher turns up with a "carry under one arm" PA, and is somewhat embarrassed by running after your eight bin 7Kw stack.

I'd suggest running his/her playout into your PA every time.
    If space is an issue,( it may be, it may be not ) this also is a win/win scenario.

A phone call can't hurt.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk