Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rcf Art 325 A

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    i listened to a few rcf's and found them very harsh / toppy just like the makies

in the end settled on the qsc K12's which have a fantastic sound

you really need to take a listen to a few pairs of speakers and make your own mind up,sound is very personal,what i like may not be to your taste and budget.
    Now I dont know what to buy.....I would have to be second hand whatever I bought ....I got £700 to spend anyone got anything for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    i listened to a few rcf's and found them very harsh / toppy just like the makies

in the end settled on the qsc K12's which have a fantastic sound

you really need to take a listen to a few pairs of speakers and make your own mind up,sound is very personal,what i like may not be to your taste and budget.
    Now you see, I wouldn't call either harsh. Might call the Mackies thin, but not overly so.
    Yes, it's vital to hear before you buy, unless............................................ ..................

Quote Originally Posted by Squelch View Post
    Now I dont know what to buy.....I would have to be second hand whatever I bought ....I got £700 to spend anyone got anything for sale?
    Oh yuss. Class D subs and tops, with poles and cables, £300 from PP entertainments. Consideration for me bringing them further South, and you've still got enough left for a T Amp. Simples.

Oh nearly forgot, and you could probably afford Deltic's Warriors as well.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 03-07-2010 at 12:09 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

Oh yuss. Class D subs and tops, with poles and cables, £300 from PP entertainments. Consideration for me bringing them further South, and you've still got enough left for a T Amp. Simples.
    but they seem to be too cheep new......or am I being a snob?

Quote Originally Posted by Squelch View Post
    but they seem to be too cheep new......or am I being a snob?
    Right, my first post was not entirely without humour, but:

The subs do exactly what it says on the tin. They're light, small, and reliable. They don't shake the optics off the bar, or make Granny's teeth shake loose.

The tops, well Corabar Steve loves his, I prefer the SP range.

As we always say, you've got to listen to anything before you buy it. I've run Class D kit A-B against Mackie and RCF. The Class D's are way outgunned by them for volume. Every time. No question.

The quality of sound though? Class D every time. More middle, more warmth.

Surely there's somebody nearer you with Class D kit? Yorkshire's a long way for a listen, though you'd be welcome.

Oh yes, and as for cost, well they're now almost twice the price they started at for some of the cabs.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I have just found a pair of Pair of Rcf 525-A on the net for £950 if I sold my Martin Audios for £200 I could buy them....

yes the RCF cabs do go very loud. But thats not why people buy them. Its the sound quality that draws people to them.

I think RCF sound lovely. Expensive system though but its the sound quality every time with them. theyre such a nice speaker and im proud to own a pair ive heard a few systems and there is only two systems ive heard up to now that would tempt me away.

and thats KV2 audio & Nexo.