Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Goodbye

Default Hello Goodbye

Just a thought got dragged to a mates wedding last week ( it was mid week) and of course was interested in the dj,s performance.
    At the start of his set he never said a word just started playing music,same at the finish no thank you or goodnight.
    So the question ,do you make a opening spiel and how do you sign off at the end of the gig.

I do a little intro telling them who I am and I'll take requests etc

End of the night "You've been a great crowd" etc, etc "I've been Paul from Spirits High have a safe journey home".

Works for me
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Call me old fashioned but many of todays younger djs dont say hardly anything on the mic which is a shame.
    Dont get me wrong a balance is what is required a wedding for instance is not a radio show no need to announce every tune but it certainly warrants a opening introducing yourself congratulating the bride and groom announceing cutting cake first dance i always pre warn the guests so they can have there cameras video corders charged and ready.
    I am as you have probably gathered a old school dj i have done most things connected to this industry but still firmly believe even though we all have to move with the times as a dj we should make the evening flow with mic usage as and when required.

I tend to do similar to above a quick Hi/Hello then what i always say at the end is

"Ive been Abstract-Entertainments, youve been excellent, have a safe journey home goodnight".

Then play the last song of the night or a background song on low as i start to pack away.

Cheers Dave
    Dave

Good evening and a verry warm welcome to ....................
    Im gary and i am with you tonight until .............................etc etc

i am affraid thats about it for tonight etc etc, have a safe journey home and a nice lay in tomorrow if you can, good night and thank you.

At the beginning of the evening, I just say good evening & then ask for the bride & groom to come onto the dance floor for the first dance.

At the end of the evening, before playing the last fast song I tell them that time is rapidly running out & that we'll be slowing it down after the next song.

Before playing the last song, I say something like "I'll leave you with this one" and after it fades out I usually thank everyone for being such a great audience (even if they weren't!), wish them a safe journey home & say goodnight.

I believe its very important on how we start and finish a night of, as we will always be remembered for that reason.the way we introduce ect

If its a wedding i normally say goodevening and welcome along to...........for the wedding of...............

ladies and gentlemen would you please put your hands together and welcome to the dancefloor........................................ ....

i normally finish of by saying,thanks for coming along this evening,hope you have all enjoyed yourself,and i wish you all a safe journey home,goodnight.

Usually end with "Hope you've had a good evening, hope to see you soon. Good night, God bless".
    Nathan.

Yep, what I actually say very much depends on the gig itself i.e type, how the crowd are behaving etc... but yes always finish off with some talking but fade down the last song with say 30 seconds left and say thanks good night etc.... then fade the music back in slighty however this also depends on the last song...
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

For me personally I ask the client what they want and 9 times out of 10 they select "keep quiet" on my planning form.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever