Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Default What would you do?

Last Friday I received the request list for this Friday's wedding, but there was no mention of what they want for the first dance, and I know they are having one...as they've already told me what time they want it.

I replied to the email (which was from the bride's work email address) to ask about the first dance, but haven't yet heard back. I also emailed the groom using the email address he sent the original query from (which is also the email address he put on the booking form), but again haven't yet had a reply. In addition, I phoned the groom's mobile, which wasn't answered, so I left a voicemail asking him to let me know about the first dance ASAP.

I know there are still three days to go, but I'm a bit concerned that I might not hear from them, that they'll tell me what they want when I arrive, and that it happens to be a song I don't have.

What would you do in this situation?

probability is that you'll have the track in your collection

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Last Friday I received the request list for this Friday's wedding, but there was no mention of what they want for the first dance, and I know they are having one...as they've already told me what time they want it.

I replied to the email (which was from the bride's work email address) to ask about the first dance, but haven't yet heard back. I also emailed the groom using the email address he sent the original query from (which is also the email address he put on the booking form), but again haven't yet had a reply. In addition, I phoned the groom's mobile, which wasn't answered, so I left a voicemail asking him to let me know about the first dance ASAP.

I know there are still three days to go, but I'm a bit concerned that I might not hear from them, that they'll tell me what they want when I arrive, and that it happens to be a song I don't have.

What would you do in this situation?
    You could check with the venue to see if they have internet access and take a USB drive to download on to in case you don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    You could check with the venue to see if they have internet access and take a USB drive to download on to in case you don't have it.
    does Rob work digitally?
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Rob have you thought that maybe they've got alot of last minute things to attend to and belive it or not maybe not so worried about the first dance?

Takes a minute to download a song so I wouldnt worry too much. If you got an wap phone with a phono output then you can download it in the evening.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I would leave it a couple more days and they may contact you after the more important things have been sorted.
    And as Womble says, they may want a track you already have.
    If it comes down to Friday night and they still havent told you in advance and it turns out to be a track you havent got, you can explain that you have made every effort to contact them and them failing to get back to you means that they will have to go with a track you do have.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

I was actually just trying to make a probability based gag, but I agree with the above. You've made every effort, chances are you'll either have the track or they'll turn up with a cd on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Rob have you thought that maybe they've got alot of last minute things to attend to and belive it or not maybe not so worried about the first dance?
    Yes I have, which is why I'm not getting too concerned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry B Entertainment View Post
    I would leave it a couple more days and they may contact you after the more important things have been sorted.
    And as Womble says, they may want a track you already have.
    If it comes down to Friday night and they still havent told you in advance and it turns out to be a track you havent got, you can explain that you have made every effort to contact them and them failing to get back to you means that they will have to go with a track you do have.
    I completely agree, Larry.

I don't have a mobile phone that connects to the internet, and I don't own a laptop, so it won't be possible to download anything at the venue.

If they don't contact me by Friday & if it turns out I don't have the first dance they want (out of my 10,000 songs), they'll just have to come up with an alternative that I DO have, and if they complain, I'll politely point out that I made every effort to contact them using three different methods.

I'll politely point out that I made every effort to contact them using three different methods
    I think that's pretty much all you can do

Sounds like you have tried your best to contact the couple rob.I always ask for a landline and mobile phone contact number.

You could also ask the venue to check if they have any other contact details than you have,

Failing that as a last resort which i have done once was to knock on the front door of there house.if no answer leave a message.that way you will have covered yourself from all angles.